Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Whelp It's Official!

4 things:

1# Biggest Loser with the family starts today. I know I don't have much, if any, weight to loose but I would like to get into better shape! I am using this as motivation to work out consistently and not eat junk!

2# Matt got 101 out of 100 on his calculus test last week. This is the first time in his middle school/high school/college life that he has aced a Math test. He studied really, really, hard and nailed it! Yay for him. He was so excited that he put it up on the fridge like his mom used to do in elementary school. It was funny to see how proud he was. He working really hard on straight A's this semester! I am so glad he cares about school and puts all his heart into it.

3# I went to go see a dermatologist yesterday! I have this little problem called acne. GROSS I always have. In times passed I have always been able to use Accutane but since I am married and I am of child bearing age I am not allowed to take it (I wouldn't want to because it really messes up your kids if you get pregnant on it). The dermatologist was WONDERFUL and has me on 3 different medications, 2 topical gels and an oral med that I have to take morning and night. We'll see how it goes, she said hopefully in the next 2 months you wont even know I had it!

4# is the big one MATT GOT THE JOB!!! We were so excited to hear the news last night. It felt like forever! He is talking to them today to get more details. We are so happy and think that this will be a great move for Matt. Definitely a better fit for him and his career opportunities. Hopefully this will open more doors for him and his future.

9 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

CONGRATULATIONS MATT!!!! I was just thinking the other day you never posted about the job, didn't want to ask incase he didn't get it. And way to go on his math test!

Mickie, my very best friend has battled with acne as well. She also got her esthetician license and works for a dermo. I hope your new topical gels and medication work for you! :-)

Ringo said...

Excellent!!

Will said...

Personally, in order of significance, I'd go 1,3 (could move up if it works),2,4!

Kristin said...

Not to burst your bubble, but biggest loser is next week. Holly can't do it this week.

And Congrats to matt 2 times!!

Anonymous said...

Matt congrats on getting the new job. I've been praying for you. Mickie I know it means a lot to you for your acne but for the rest of us, I haven't ever noticed.I never got passed the eyes. I have always been proud of you Matt. I new your grades would come along when you were ready. I see it in everything you put your mind to do from being a mechanic, to frisbee golf, to being a "great" uncle to others children. And last we should start on July 1st. That way my movie with buttered popcorn and candy last night didn't count.

Kay said...

1) Sounds like next Monday the 30th is start day...Lucky for you Steve!

2)Nice score, Matthew!

3)Hope ALL the meds work, goodness, that's lots of meds!

4)Wahoo for Matt! I hope he loves it there and learns quickly!

tracie said...

Am I allowed to join the biggest loser? I think I could win if we're starting at the weight I'm at now. :) Way to go, Matt. Congrats on both the test and job.

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

Congrats on the new job!!!!!

Holly said...

CONGRATS Matt...way to go! I hope you have good results on your face...I just may be asking you for the number. ;)