
Matt, You light up my life.... Okay that's all the sap you get.
Yesterday was a wonderful end to a fabulous weekend for Matt. On Saturday, Suzanne took Matt on a date to Lagoon and he said he had a good time.Apparently they looked at half dead Llamas? That's really all I heard... weird. They came back early though to hit up Seven Peaks that evening and they were closed! So Matt and crew went Disc Golfing instead. Will and Kristin got him a new disc for his birthday, he was VERY excited about that. Also, my parents called and told him to pick up his present from them at Home Depot. They got him a circular saw! Power Tools and a New Disc? Can life get any better? I submit that it can not! Two of his favorite things!!! He was showing me all these cool things about his saw on Sunday morning. Thanks Mom and Dad very thoughtful of you! I have been wanting Matt to build me a bed frame for a while and we haven't had the proper tools so between Christmas and Matt's birthday he has everything that he needs thanks to my Dad and Mom! Now if he could just find the time :) He does want me to start looking at styles so that is a good sign!
Sunday morning Matt did a little studying and then played his guitar for quite a long time. He loves learning new songs. While he was playing Jordan called to wish him Happy Birthday. They chatted for a while. Jordan and Michaela were off to Omish country though so he couldn't talk long (cant wait for that post guys) then Matt went back to playing. Church snuck right up on us! We got to church and heard wonderful talks on the World Wide Leadership Training that was back in Feb. Also we learned about faith and agency all very good lessons. After church we went over to the Maxwell's house. They planned a birthday party for both Matt and Jeremy (my cousin Bobbie's husband) It was so nice! Complete with ice cream cake and pumpkin roll courtesy of Kristin. The food was yummy and the company was great. Thank you so much Maxwell's for doing that, it was awesome to see everyone and hang out. Shawn, Suzanne's boyfriend fared very well for the first time meeting a chunk of the family! After we left the BBQ Matt and I got home and started talking about different things. At one point Matt said something really funny (I cant even remember what it was!), I started laughing so hard I couldn't breathe and I was crying it was so funny. So it made Matt start laughing... I think we were laughing for about 5 minutes straight. My abs were hurting by the end of it! We always have a good time together, I am so glad that I married Matt we are never bored or get tired of one another.
Matt got to decide the movie for the evening, so he borrowed Hitch from Kristin and Will. As always it was a good entertaining movie. During the movie Nate, Matt's older brother, called to wish Matt a Happy Birthday as well. He also told Matt they are come down to visit next weekend with new baby Dallin. We are so excited to meet the little guy! Matt loves to hear from his family especially on his birthday and is so glad that they remembered. He has such a connection with his brothers, it's awesome to see.
All and all it was a busy weekend and LOADS of FUN and SUN. Thanks again to all those who made Matt feel wonderful on his birthday and through out the weekend. He was one happy camper! :)
4 comments:
Matt, you are now my desktop background. I'm glad he had a good weekend. I admit that Matt is a good friend and not just a brother-in-law. That said, he has been removed now.
We are sorry we could not be there for the birthday celebration yesterday! It sounds like it was a good weekend. :) HAPPY B-DAY MATT!
Well Will, he will stay up on my desktop, until something else pushes him off. And I can only think of little people that could do that!!
The gift was all Harvey Dean. He knew right from the start what he was getting weeks ago.
Glad he was able to party with the Maxwell's. I have a great sister!
I had two number on my cell and both numbers said they were disconnected. I wanted to talk and couldn't get through. Call me with your number. I did talk to Nate and Jordan. Happy Birthday Matt but I didn't forget.
Post a Comment