Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend MANIA!

Whew What a GOOOOD WEEKEND! I love summer weekends can I say that enough?






Friday night was Strawberry Days Rodeo, which was awesome! Jason, Suzanne, Kristin, Matt, and I went. While we were there we saw Kelly my cousin who was I think the 2nd attendant for Miss Pleasant Grove. Dont ask me why i felt it was so important to put my head so far back but Kel looked so cute that I had to post it!She came and sat with us for a little bit and then informed us that since she is royalty she gets what ever concessions she wanted for free! We had all ready bought some but Suzanne couldnt eat any because of her Gastroperesis. She was pretty bummed. We kept telling her to just take one bite but she was good and never did. So Kelly got us about 6 strawberries and cream for free! YUM I love that stuff it's pretty much melted ice cream with fresh slices of strawberries. Matt only ate 4 (he cut way back from last year) and he was okay(least year he had some ummm intestinal issues ha ha). Jason was very cute with the rodeo he liked the cream more then the strawberries!Oh and every time someone came out riding a horse (boy or girl) Jason would say. Its a cowboy! I think everyone enjoyed themselves.


Saturday Matt, Suzanne, Jason, Sierra, Kristin, and I went to Seven Peaks for the day. It was so warm and I soaked up some sun for sure! Even to the edge of a little burned but its not bad today at all. We played in the water with the kids and went on a couple of the tube runs and rides. Here is Matt going down the watterslide. He LOVES them and I HATE them so I am a very good watcher :)


After Seven Peaks, Kristin made us a YUMMY dinner of Chicken Alfredo and Jason was CRACKING Matt and I up by making faces in the pot sitting in front of him. He is such a funny little boy. After dinner Matt and I met up with the whole Maxwell clan (minus those Cedar City Huntsmans) and the Gundred's for "Get Smart" I thought it was HILARIOUS. Man, good flick. Probably one I would buy. If you don't want to see it in the theater as least rent it. It's good for a few laughs.

Sunday I had a meeting in the morning and got a phone call an hour before church that I needed to teach because Sam (my beehive advisor) was so sick! I hurried and put the lesson together and taught. We heard great talks on obedience from a family that is actually moving out of our ward today! How is that for stress! Anyways after church I made this chicken for dinner tell me what it is, I don't know.
I first put some chicken seasoning on the chicken breasts and started to grill it up then I decided I didn't want plain chicken so I put some Bulls Eye BBQ on it. Then after grilling for a minute or two I decided to put some bacon and cheese on the top but the cheese doesn't melt on the grill so then I baked it to melt the cheese. It was so juicy and flavorful. Is there a name for Grilled BBQ chicken with bacon and melted cheese on top? If not I am a genius! ha ha
Anyways Matt had a chat with his younger brother Braden and he has decided that he is going to stick around Medford and just work rather then working and going to school while living with us before his mission. We worry about him, but he is a good kid so I think either decision was okay for him. Plus he can keep my father in law company for one more year before he officially becomes and "empty nester" like my mom and dad! Party right?
Whelp More to say tomorrow... until then enjoy that Syrup Yummm a video and everything :)

P.S. Congrats the Trish Michael and KK for the new addition to their family, little Kejia Dawn was born on my mom's birthday. Cant wait to meet her :)

5 comments:

steve said...

I like the water slide also but it sure looks like weggies galore to me. Love rodeos. Love having Braden around for another year. Maybe by then my tear ducks will dry up. Thanks for the pictures.

Will said...

Way to be tough and keep the video on Matt at the best part - NOT!!! I'm glad you guys had a fun weekend and I'm sad that I was not around on Saturday.

Kay said...

I always forget how much you and Kelly look a like! Two cute girls!!

I'm with Matt, bring on the BIG slides!!!

I'm so proud of you, you made up your own little concoction of chicken!

Spence Ohana said...

You 2 are one good looking couple in your pic together at Seaven Peaks! :-) That strawberry rodeo looks like so much fun!

Holly said...

That was a good movie! Thanks for coming with us and we will see you on Sunday. :)