Three Things worth mentioning happened yesterday.
1. Matt had his interview for Investools yesterday. He chatted with his interviewer for about 40 or 50 minutes. He said he feels it went well, I am thinking so too because now he has another interview today with the specific department that he will be working with hopefully. Matt is feeling really good about the company and the growth potential he has there. His interview is later today so tomorrow I can tell you more details!
2. When Matt came to pick me up from work he said that something was wrong with the car. The vibration was really bad so I thought I think we need new tires. Matt wasn't completely convinced so I thought I would call the expert and ask. "Dad what would make the car wobbly do you think it could be the tires?" (this is on the way to the Murray campus so Matt can drop me off at school) "Yeah it could be the tires have you had them balanced properly?" "yes about a month ago and it is really wobbly now" "Sometimes if you hit a curb it can knock a weight off and make your tires out of balance even in a month" (by now we are to school we drove on the freeway that was fast wasn't it ha ha) Dad says " Look at the tire and make sure you have enough...." At this point I interrupt "I think I found the problem Dad I can see a bunch of wires on the tread of the front right tire" " That means your tires were under inflated and not rotated properly" "Yep I don't think the guy before us ever balanced or rotated the tires..." " Well thanks Dad :) " I showed Matt and he took off to find the closest tire shop. We dropped about 350 bucks yesterday buying new tires. BUMMER But I have been saying for weeks that I thought the Malibu needed new tires. Too bad we didn't have the luxury of calling around to get a good deal! I am glad Matt even made it to a tire shop! It was about an 8 inch slab or tread missing.
3. Cindy my boss is about 7 and a half months pregnant. She has season tickets to the Hale Center Theatre. The seats there (apparently) are VERY UNCOMFORTABLE for a pregnant women. So she gave her tickets to us! Yippee! So after the new tires were on Matt picked me up and we went over to see the play. It was a cool play "The Curious Savage" Its about a women whose husband dies and leaves her 50 million dollars. Her step children don't want her to have it so they try and take it but Mrs. Savage spends the money how she wants to. The children don't like that so they retaliate by putting her in a crazy house. As the play goes on it shows how sane the people inside are compared to the money hungry children outside of the institution. Sorry not a very good 3 sentence synopsis but you get the picture. Matt and I love going to plays and enjoy the time we get together.
Now it's mid term time! Yikes! Back to the books and work!
5 comments:
Dang new tires. Well at least you won't have to buy new ones for a long time.
Hope the interview goes well today too! Yay, Matt!
Oh brother, a little steel belting showing is Okay, I drove to Utah like that once. Dad freaked, but whatever!
Bummers about the tires. Too bad you didn't have time to shop around, Costco always has good deals and they balance and rotate for free anytime.
You know, I've never been to a professional play. That's cool you guys got to go. Interesting story line.
I think our truck needs new tires soon. Too bad...not gonna happen. Got to buy a house. :) Interesting play... Thinking good thoughts for Matt!
Crazy..we need tires too but I'm afraid it's going to cost us around 800:(
Post a Comment