Something impossible happened last week. I can't go into great detail, but what I will say is this, there is no possible way it should have happened.
We have been dealing with a certain issue the last few months, scratch that years... and I finally called Matt a couple Thursdays ago, in tears. I said I was tired of trying to be optimistic about it all and I was done. I said I couldn't take it any more and I didn't know what else to do. I told him I had been praying and fasting about the situation for what seemed like forever and nothing had been changing despite so much thought and prayer. Matt decided that it was time to really start taking action. He decided to re-arrange his plans and attended a temple session that afternoon right after work. He has been attending at LEAST 2 times a month but this issue required special thought, attention and spiritual guidance he felt he could receive in the temple. He thought and prayed and promptly received an answer to our constant
Wow, how did we not think of that before? The answer was right in front of our faces! So we went to work setting about the change our Father in Heaven had directed us to make. While making that change last week we kept running into road blocks... things to seemingly make this change impossible. Matt said "I don't understand, the Spirit of the Lord told me this will happen, and there is no possible way it will..."
I told Matt we should be optimistic (again) and have faith that the Lord answered our prayers and that he would make a way as long as we did all we could on our end. Finally after a few more days of waiting and worrying, Matt threw up a "Hail Mary" (I thought the phrase was appropriate, even though I am using it in the sports analogy sense...not literally, all though that probably wouldn't have hurt at that point) it worked. We don't know all the details and we don't want to know. All we know is that a miracle happened last week and now Matt and I can breathe a bit easier and say SO MANY thankful prayers. That particular stress is gone and now we need to move on and keep up with the current changes we have made.
I have known for sometime, but this last week re-affirmed once again that I know for a fact that Heavenly Father knows us all individually, and he wants so badly to give us blessings that we need. He knows us best, and loves us most, so why would we ever think that he doesn't care or wont understand. We need to constantly turn to God and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Proverbs 3: 5-6 says:
5 Trust in the Lord with all (our) heart(s), and lean not to (our) own understanding.
6 In all (our) ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct (our) paths.
The Lord himself said in Matthew 11:28-30
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Thankfully our yoke is now easier and our burden lighter. I don't know why we didn't just turn it all over to the Lord sooner :)
3 comments:
I am soo happy your burden is lighter...XOXO
And they all lived happily ever after...okay you know there will still be issues to deal with during this life time, but doesn't it feel good when you think you have one solved?
Happy to hear your prayers were answered. Your Hail Mary reference made me chuckle. :)
Post a Comment