Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tender Mercies Tuesday: Perfect Match?

I think it, Matt says it... I get up to do something before he even has to ask me... Seems like I lucked out by finding my PERFECT MATCH!

I was reading an article talking about putting your marriage F I R S T. Which is something I feel Matt and I do pretty well with. In the article Dr. Hale said that typically one person is the big spender while the other is a saver. I thought about it and I don't think we have those opposites, we both spend and we both save. We are always on the same page when it comes to money. We always have been even since before marriage, having shared a bank account for about a year beforehand.

Also, I was thinking about how we parent; this was discussed in the article too. It was interesting because it talked about parenting styles. Matt and I are on exactly the same page when it comes to parenting! I mean (talk about creepy) I was bringing Ty upstairs to put him down for a nap one morning. He has come to know when Nap time is and when you scoop him up and walk up the stairs and turn the corner to his room he used to start whining a little because he KNEW he was going down to bed. I thought to myself, "I should spend more time with him playing in his room so he doesn't think that he is going to bed every time we are in here. Maybe I'll move some toys upstairs to play with in here" Then with in 10 minutes Matt and I were talking on the phone during his break and he says out of the blue, "I think we should move some toys upstairs into Ty's room and play with him more in there so he doesn't whine every time we take him in there." WHA?? Weird right? This has happened on NUMEROUS occasions! It definitely makes life easy that we have ESP with one another regarding parenting, okay I wouldn’t take it that far, but it's close :) If we ever have differences in our opinions we come to a quick middle ground and both feel good about it.

Not only with parenting does this happen but when we are praying about changes, goals, plans or troubles in life, both of us get the same answers and feelings and can confirm with one another exactly what our answer is and what we should do. Nothing has ever been conflicting regarding answers to prayers, that is pretty amazing!

I am SO thankful that I found my perfect match (or we both made sure to change and adapt to make ourselves perfect matches) it makes life so much smoother when bumps and sharp turns come along in our path. What a tender mercy my husband is to me every single day that I live and breathe.

3 comments:

Kay said...

Well, there you go, a match made in heaven. A trite saying, but actually I wonder how true this statement is. I mean, I know we have are agency, but you know what I'm saying.

And actually the more you live together, the more you start to think alike. At least I find this the case with Dad and I.

Holly said...

I think it's wonderful you two are perfrectly matched! :o)

Will said...

I can't imagine one of you without the other.