You know I have been thinking back on the whole not breathing episode. Can I just say how DANG grateful I am that she was NOT in our room with us when it happened? For two reasons exactly, first because I would have had no idea what to do, I think I would have gone hysterical and really melted down. Second is I don't even know if I would have noticed in time. Who knows how long it would have been. I mean I paid attention to her but not every moment, especially at night (considering I had 2 Percocet and Benedryl pumping through my veins I slept like a rock) I could have been asleep and woken to a blue and cold baby. (Shivers down my spine)
So I thank my Father above for having it all play out like it did, that the nurses A) NOTICED and B) took such excellent care of her.
Another side note, it's funny how some nurses you like and some you aren't a huge fan of. The nurse I liked the most, Blanche is who was on duty when everything happened. Thank goodness, she was VERY attentive.
Enough of the creepy what ifs on to what every one wants to see anyway, more pictures.
Uncle Preston holding Maylee at the hospital
Aunt Suzanne holding Maylee at the Hospital
The little lady sleeping all bundled up at the Hospital.
On Saturday when we got home Ty wanted to hold Maylee, he says "MY baby" then he pats her head.
Saturday night I told Matt I wanted to get a picture of them, this is what he came up with he said thats how newborns look in all pictures anyway...
Sunday we took Maylee down to my Grandparents house, this is her first trip besides coming home. Look at that BIG yawn!
Today after her bath bundled up on the couch.
She has been such an easy baby so far. She eats like a champ and has put up with her brothers love wonderfully. She had her newborn check up this morning, her billirubin count checked out great and she has lost a little weight (now she weighs 5 lbs 9 ounces) but nothing too serious. We are SO glad she is home safe and sound with us.







8 comments:
I wanna hold her! Thanks for the pictures! Can't wait to meet her this weekend.
Oh so cute! You know, Matt does have her look down - at least the big yawn :) Too funny!
Nurse Blanche, and many like her, are a blessing! And we are blessed every day in ways we are never aware of.
No more what if's!! It is to scary! Next time we need to get a picture of Elena and Maylee to show the size difference!
Oh she is just so beautiful! So great that she's been such a great baby so far, and no more scares! How are you recovering? Better than last time?
Yeah, those scary thoughts crossed my mind too so I'm very glad things turned out the way that they did. I hope y'all are adjusting well to the new family size.
Oooh a post with syrup - yay! Love all the pics, Matt is such a pill. Glad she is doing great at home! Loving all the bows and girly blankets. :)
She's so sweet! Luca stopped breathing in the hospital too. He had amniotic fluid in his lungs and had to be suctioned out twice. It is pretty creepy to see your child go blue though. I'm glad Maylee is okay.
She is precious! I am so glad I got to hold her. :o)
Post a Comment