Yes, I think all our children up in Heaven had a pow wow and decided to about give Matt and I a heart attack with in a few hours of being born.
I had her sleep in the nursery last night so I could get some rest. By about 9:30 I was up and getting ready and I wondered why the nurses hadn't brought her to me yet. Then at about 10:00 when Matt got here I asked him to figure out where Maylee was. Our nurse came in and said "Maylee decided that breathing is for rookies this morning. She turned completely blue and had to be put on oxygen and revived. But she is nice and pink and okay now..." Wait What??? Oxygen, REVIVED? Okay a little scary. She was doing well for about 2 hours of monitoring so Matt and I went to the nursery to get her. About 5 feet away from our room she stopped breathing again and was turning really red. I turned to Matt and said "I don't think she is breathing!" Matt kind of yelled for a nurse and she grabbed her and got her breathing again after a second or so. SOOOO back to the nursery she went and she is being monitored some more. They called Dr. Duffy (the Pediatrician) and he has ordered a few tests and wants an IV in her just in case they need to start some anti-biotics. It's fairly common for little tiny ones to stop breathing but not THAT common, especially more than once in a few hours. Dr. Duffy doesn't THINK she is sick, especially since I had 3 doses of penicillin before I delivered her. But he does want to know what her White Blood cell count looks like and some other test ( I can't remember). He told me really he just thinks she is just a picky eater and is going to switch her to soy formula and that she is just spitting up and choking on it. We'll see in a few hours what her blood tests look like, for now she is hanging out in the nursery with an IV in her hand and a monitor on her foot. We'll keep you all posted...
7 comments:
Oh goodness! Glad the nurses were right there to get her breathing again. Praying she doesn't do this again and her tests come back okay. Please keep us posted.
Aren't you greatful for modern medicine! I hope she is just a picky eater like ty.
Oh ur poor Maylee and poor u and matt! I hope all goes well and things get figured out fast. Now, I forget. What went on with Ty when he was born? I know he wasn't breathing but why?
Man, my heart sank so far when Kristin first relayed this story to me. No more scares for the Spence family please!
Oh my! Good thing she was in the nursery I guess. Hope all is well.
Nooooo! Reading this right after the easy delivery blog entry was like WHAT?!?!
Does she need to come home with breathing monitors for the crib?
OH MY LANTA! ;) seriously though...hope she is doing better!
Post a Comment