Thursday, March 10, 2011

Full Term, in all its glory...

Yes, I am officially full term (that means over 37 weeks people) and can go ANY DAY NOW! HAHA Okay yeah I keep telling myself that so I do my hair and make-up  uncharacteristically early these days. I don't want to be caught off guard and look like I did last time. I keep a right after delivery picture of myself on my camera to remind myself how I looked after delivery with Ty, to accurately describe it I would say I looked like I was ran over by a semi-truck many times and put in a hospital gown (moo-moo). This time will be different, I'll at LEAST have a different hospital gown on, my sweet sister went and made a custom one for me! It's brown and pink with a little sash to wear with it. What no picture you say? You'll see it in the L&D photo's I am not going to go prancing around wearing it now silly people. All this sound shallow? You bet, I know it's shallow but in my opinion nothing makes me feel LESS attractive then pregnancy and child birth and I gross myself out every day really. I can't wait to be done with this part and have a sweet little newborn to take care of instead of having her beat the right side of my rib cage to death.

So here I am in all my 36 and 1/2 inch waist glory... blah.

I have an appointment tomorrow where we'll do an ultrasound, test my protein levels, my Strep B status and he'll do another "check". I am hoping that Maylee's head is down (I am 99% sure it is), that my protein levels are good, that I am clear of Strep B and I am dilated at least a little bit. I doubt I'll get it all or even have made any progress but a girl can hope can't she?

8 comments:

Kay said...

36 1/2 inch waist....hahahaha! Man, I had you beat by 20 inches and I wasn't even done.

I don't blame you with the hair a make up thing, at least there's one thing you can control with this pregnancy thing!

Kristin said...

That was my regret with Elena. I knew I was going in for an ultra sound. I had my cute clothes on, but why didn't I do my darn hair...

Spence Ohana said...

I never measured my waist line at full term but I know I was A LOT bigger than 36.5"! LOL You look tiny to me Mickie!

Glad you made it full term. Can't wait for Maylee to arrive!

Will said...

I imagine it's all about the little things now!

Kelly Spence said...

Our posterity will look at those hospital pictures. They might be some of the only few they care about. Gotta be remembered looking good. Yep you still look tiny to me. Here's hoping for any day!

steve said...

S0 again, How do they get 40 weeks out of 9 months? It must be that modern Math I keep hearing about. You look great Mickie.

Michaela said...

No Way! 36 1/2"?? So jealous! I have never measured my waist while pregnant, so I just did - 35" and that was pulling the tape measure pretty tight, and I'm only 22 weeks. I'm pretty sure I will pass up 36.5" WAY before 37 weeks. Anyway, I'm so glad you've made it full term, now little Maylee can come safely when she's ready :)

Holly said...

I understand how you feel, but I will tell you...YOU.LOOK.BEAUTIFUL!