Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow Day(s)

It's been snowing here in the great Northwest the last few days. 

Saturday it snowed a nice amount but didn't stay around.
I asked Matt to take a picture of me in the snow. He took this one then said "wait I think I need another one."
Yeah then he did this... wonder why Matt doesn't man the camera often? Haha
Monday Matt had the day off, it was delightful! The kids woke up to THIS! Maylee was wondering what the stuff was I think...
Ty was excited to tell her it was SNOW! It didn't stay around long though and never amounted to much.

Flash forward... last night we got a healthy dose of snow, then it snowed more over night... Ty woke up when Matt left for work and came into our bed. He was so excited about all the snow! I told him I was not getting up was going back to sleep. I woke up and hour later and I found him like this lying right next to me.
He slept until 9 a.m.
I however got up with Maylee... this is how I find her almost every morning.
She stares into the hallway waiting for someone to come get her. She doesn't cry in the mornings, she just waits.

Once Ty was up, he wanted to play in the snow we got overnight. School was cancelled for all, Matt was hoping work was cancelled. He was late getting out the door and it took pretty long to get to work.... he was the only one that was late. No Snow Days for work I guess... lame. Haha.
It was raining by the time we got outside so the snow was quickly turning to slush. Ty didn't mind. We dressed him up in what snow gear we had, including some hand me down boots from Cousin James.. they were WAY too big but they worked out great. Ty liked them.
Maylee was actually happy being outside. She stayed really warm inside my coat and her snowsuit.
I stomped out a heart in the snow. Ty just liked looking at his "feet-prints". I was wearing gloves, then Ty decided his hands were cold and asked me for mine. So he wore my gloves. Ty also noticed our next door neighbors didn't add any arms to their snowman. He insisted I add some. Luckily our neighbors didn't mind and welcomed Ty's suggested improvement.

While the weather is cold outside, which it actually hasn't been up until now... were talking low 50's and sunshine, we have been hanging out inside.
Ty wanted a picture with mommy. Then he wanted one with May too.
She just woke up from her nap and kicked her pants off somehow...

In other news, Matt has been practicing with some guys from work who put together a flag football team. They signed up for the winter league and Matt was thrilled. Then they found out that not enough teams signed up so they have to wait for Spring, probably March and April, to play. Matt was bummed. Since we've been doing Insanity he has gotten much quicker he says, like pre-mission quick. He wanted to break some ankles on the football field. For now he'll just have to stick with playing Basketball at church on Saturdays and sometimes on the week days. He even (FINALLY) bought some new basketball shoes on-line (Thanks Steve) and he should get them on Monday. He did a bunch of research on the best shoes and ended up choosing some type of Jordans. Glad he is finally allowing himself to buy a decent pair of Basketball shoes. He has had cheap ones for years. I am sure i'll do a post on them when he gets them he'll be so excited.

ANYWAY back on topic. Moral of the story is,watch out all ya'll across the country, the winter weather is coming in a big way this week!

5 comments:

Kay said...

It looks like you guys got much more than we did! Fun!

We just got a little on Saturday and Sunday mornings and now just a lot of rain. But that's good, we haven't had any moister this winter yet!

Spence Ohana said...

Wow look at all that white stuff! ;) Fun I bet Ty loved it. Madeline and James are always anxious for the ONE day of snow we might get each year...and it's only usually 1/2 - 1". LOL

Cute pics, love the one of the 3 of you.

Kelly Spence said...

How weird you guys are getting all the snow. We got a tiny bit today. All my Washington friends are going crazy over the snow you guys are getting.
I can't wait to pinch Maylee's cheeks. She is at the fun age, I think.

Will said...

Haha, we were just talking about how Matt teases when he's showing love and then you show the video . . .

Kristin said...

Love the video :)

My favorite is when Ty wanted to add arms to the snowman. That is awesome!