Monday, January 9, 2012

Kids Lately

Maylee is our little scavenger. If ANYTHING, I mean ANYTHING falls on the floor she is zooming over and eating it. I have to be super fast with clean up or this is what I end up with, chocolate all over her face.
Ty and Maylee play around with one another, most times nicely. Two weeks ago I heard them laughing really hard in Maylee's room. I don't know what they were doing, they stopped once I came around with the camera.
If Maylee isn't playing with toys she is looking outside... or maybe at her reflection in the window, not sure... but she likes it right there.
A few weeks back all our teams lost... Bad... Matt needed to cope so he put six Stroopwafels together and grabbed a gallon of milk. Afterwards he felt much better haha. There is nothing six warm Stroopwafels slapped together can't fix :) 
The kids LOVE taking baths with one another, they could play in there for.e.ver. 
Funny Maylee is wearing the same outfit... 
We did a TV detox (and we still are) from over the holidays. So many cartoons, movies and SHOWS that I about went crazy. Since we got home from my parents house the kids have only watched 2 movies and 2 TV shows in an entire week. Just the way I like it! This particular day Ty asked to watch the Lion Movie and I said yes. He immediately started jumping for joy! I think I caught him of guard with that answer. He has almost stopped asking to watch TV or movies since he knows the answer is most likely No. However, this day, I popped  in The Lion King and Ty made sure he and May both had appropriate stuffed animals as their movie watching companions. May had her cat, Marie, and Ty had his Lion. 
Last Friday I think it was, as I was changing Ty's diaper, he jumped up and said "No mom!". Then he took off for his potty. He does this often with no results, but we encourage him to sit if he wants. He went and came running back saying "Mom look, NO MOM LOOK! Ty went pee pee in the potty!!" I went and checked, sure enough he DID! I was thrilled and so was he! I think both of us may have been surprised. He picked out some candy (Thank goodness Santa brought some since I would normally not have anything) and he got to wear Thomas underwear for a while. 
After two more accidents though we put back on the diaper. He still sits on his potty a lot but hasn't gone since. We're taking it easy with the potty training, I think when he decides to do it, he will. He is pretty close. Next month I am going to dedicate a lot more time to it if he hasn't already trained himself. 
While in Hawaii we picked up a Ukulele for Ty for Christmas. He likes to play on it. The other day he yelled from the back bedroom, "Mom! Ty a Cowbee!" then he came running around the corner and said "Picture mom, Picture!" I heeded his request. Funny that he thinks Cowboys play music... must be all those country tunes we like to hear. 

Ty's new favorite phase is "What the HECK?" Don't know where the HECK he got that phrase (seriously I don't, I don't say that often if at all and neither does Matt) we're working on getting rid of that one, it's not OUR favorite.

Matt and I are doing the 60 day Beach Body Insanity work out together. Pretty fun stuff, should kick our rears in gear... I somehow got a case of tendinitis in my left wrist from it however, must be all those push ups. I took Saturday off, with lots of phone calls to "Dr. Nate" (Matt's brother who just finished his Physical Therapy schooling) ice and Ibuprofen I am ready for another tough week. 

Anyway that is what the kids (including Matt and I) have been up to as we get right into 2012.

3 comments:

Kay said...

A movie detox might be a good thing after Grandma let him watch the train show 10 time in three days. HAHA!

Will said...

Did he throw on that shirt before or after everything went wrong? Just asking . . .

Kristin said...

I love that my kids think the tv is such a treat!

Good luck with insanity!