Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

For New Years weekend we headed down to Medford, the weather was nice, Matt had a day off so we thought "Why Not?"

When we got there my parents had some presents for all of us... Ty and Maylee got a new book and some new little cars, I got a MARBLE rolling pin (I am thrilled about it) and Matt got some remote control cars. 
 Maylee liked cruising around my parents house, the steps though weren't her favorite. Matt tried to help her learn how to get down. She ended up like this and just screamed until I took out the camera to take a picture. Is this girl trained to smile or what!

New Years Eve we went to Dinner at Black Bear Diner to get some good grub and then we went and saw the new Sherlock movie after we put the kids to bed and a sitter came over. The movie was good, I think better than the first.

When we got home we waited for a while then pulled out fireworks and headed a few houses over for about 10 minutes to light off fireworks at the Schmidt's.

We had the big ones, so it was fun. We only did 4.


"Kiss me at midnight dance until the morning light party into the new year, all of our friends are here and when the time is riiiiiggght kiss me a midnight." If you know what song that is and who sings it, you win. :)

Wait a second who kisses with their EYES WIDE OPEN? Haha


 We came home after those 10 minutes to find Ty crying, terrified and walking around the house. Poor kid must have awoke from the fireworks, which if you remember from 4th of July he isn't a fan of quite yet.

He got to join in on our Sparkling cider however.
 Nice Mom and Dad haha.
 New Years Day we went to church, made belgian waffles and bummed around the house.

On the 2nd we worked out in the morning, watched a ton of Football and went over to the gym at our church to race our new remote control cars. They are tag cars with lasers that shoot one another... it was really fun! If your car is shot 3 times it goes haywire for a few seconds then shuts down until you go get it and reset it. Ty was getting his shoes on to go, I think he chose the wrong shoes.
 Matt set up books for a course. My moms goal was to knock over all of Matt's books.
 I told Ty to say cheese, he didn't care he was watching "The little engine that could" on my moms Ipad for the 10th time. May, I didn't even realize, was looking at the camera until I looked at this picture a little later... funny girl.
 Dad got really good at banging all of us up. The last hour or so we just drove our cars around trying to hit one another. Racing remote control cars is serious business you know.

We left for home last night around 7. It wasn't a bad drive since we got to listen to the Stanford vs.OSU game on an AM frequency. Too bad Stanford didn't win, I sure liked Andrew Luck. Hope he does well in the NFL.

Anyway, it was a fantastic weekend with tons of great food, friends and family. We just love living so close to Medford so we can visit so often.

Now on to the everyday grind and putting all the holiday decor away. My January calendar is quite bare too, not much to look forward to for a while. I better get planning something before those winter blues set in!

4 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

What a fun weekend! I remember the black bear diner, we liked that place. I think we went there to eat soon after James was born.

Such cute pics of you guys and the kiddos. Loved em! Glad you guys are so close to Medford and family now.

Kay said...

I was going to make fun of Matt looking so tired with bloodshot eyes on New Years Eve until I saw the picture of dad and me. Yikes, we all looked hammered, and we weren't drinking alcohol.

I'm happy you could come!

B said...

I thought for sure someone would've claimed the prize already. Your lyrics are definitely N'Sync. It isn't Christmas until you listen to that album! :)

Kristin said...

Love it!

Poor kids walking around. At least you wen't gone for to long.

And I totally knew that it is NSYNC! I even started to sing it in my head while reading it :)