Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Jump JUMP!

Ty gets so excited in his Jumper. He has gotten the hang of jumping and playing. Its really pretty cute when his face lights up as he jumps!



Oh just wondering what y'all think. Ty spends time on his tummy a lot and has some how forgotten how to roll over. He'll look around for quite a while then just gets so upset and ends up crying with his face down. I know by his 6 month appointment he should be rolling from back to front and front to back, he USED to do it but now.. nada. He used to roll around all the time and now does it about every 3 days or so... weird? How can I help him remember? He is doing better and better every day sitting up by himself and standing up when you help him... but hates rolling! Has this ever happened to any one else?

8 comments:

Kristin said...

I am glad someone is enjoying the jumper!

unclelarry said...

What a cutie. Wish I could be there.
I don't have a good excuse for not keeping in touch with you guys. We're gonna try and do better. We periodically check out your world via the blog sites.
Dang it...OK...I get a little emotional. Hard to see the typing through the tears lingering on my eyelids. There...wiped 'em away.
Anyway!! I finally sat down last night and registered. I'll do my best to stay current.
Hope to hear from you soon.
I love you guys.

Will said...

dog treats seem to be in order for rolling over . . . or set him up on a slope to make rolling involuntary.

Kay said...

No help with the rolling, but he seems pretty happy and normal, so don't worry about it.

LOL! My word verification is "nudes!"

tracie said...

Brooke did the same thing. I don't remember how old but I think they "forget" that it takes a bit of effort to roll so they get lazy and stop and figure that crying will get them to where they want to be. No worries. It'll come back soon enough.

P.S. My friend's 7 month is still having a hard time rolling over. She doesn't do it.

Chrissie said...

I think they just get so tuckered out with everything - like jumping! - and learning all that other stuff!

I used to tuck their arm straight down along their side and nudge their opposite shoulder over. The first time in the day that he usually would be placed down on the tummy, try placing him on his back instead and see if he will flip over. Then you move to the other side in his blind spot and see if he will roll over to follow you...and it might help if you have food or a good toy!

Anonymous said...

JD LOVED jumpers. Since he still jumps all the time whenever he can it makes since.

Holly said...

I love that little man! SOOOOO CUTE! :)