For some reason the last few weeks and months I have been making little goals for myself and surprisingly I have stuck to them since I set them!
One of them is to eat MORE veggies everyday. I usually eat veggies, but not as much or as often as I'd like. I really struggle with veggies because I don't know how to prepare them with out tons of butter salt or cheese.
Yesterday I made dinner and as part of it I prepared a salad. I ate a large helping of it... YES you read that right I ATE SALAD! Of course no dressing that stuff is gross ( I don't like ANY type of dressing Ranch, Thousand Island, or any of that vinaigrette junk)...It wasn't so bad because I put cherry tomatoes in it. MMMM I love tomatoes!
I think what geared me up for it was the RAW Broccoli I ate the night previous. Now that was gross. I think I'll stick to cooked Broccoli from now on.
Anyone have any good recipes for veggies? Any one have any suggestions on how to integrate more veggies into our diet? PLEASE Tell me! I would love to know!
7 comments:
Uh, GREEN SMOOTHIE. :)
I have a recipe for an avocado dressing that I like. I do roasted veggies a lot. Cut up all kinds and toss it with olive oil and some salt or whatever seasoning. Bake at about 400 degrees for 30 minutes or so.
Oh man. I will have to go through my recipes and find stuff that you might like. My diet is like 50% or more veggies.
The way I can get Stephen and the kids to eat more veggies is by making homemade soups with them. I'll make a chicken or beef vegetable soup, or Erwtensoep (Dutch Split Pea Soup).
I haven't tried her recipes yet, but they sound interesting...Jessica Seinfeld came out with a recipe book called "Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food" she hides the veggies in her recipes by pureeing them.
We pureed broccoli for Denali last night and she actually liked it! Surprising!
Oh and I never had to have a sleep plan for Denali until recently. She was sleeping about 10 hours a night, then she was sick for a month and had a hard time sleeping with all the snot in her nose and chest so I'd often rock her to sleep. Well, she got used to it! Now I'm breaking her of that habit! :)
Good luck on the veggies, I'm trying to do the same thing. I look forward to reading more comments!
My sister is a vegetarian- I can get some of her stuff for you. She makes vegetarian lasagna, pizza, stuff like that- which isn't raw veggies, but it is veggies.
There are a lot of veggies that you can bake in the oven with a little olive oil- like cauliflower for instance, and brussell sprouts (never tried the b-s personally).
Another great way to prepare veggies is to make a stir fry. I'm sure Kristin could give you some ideas. There's a really good recipe that I have that I'll send your way if you like fresh grean beans...do you? Also another for a kung pao chicken with broccoli
Did you say no salt?! Sorry, I can't help you.
What a great goal to eat more veggies! I was not a salad eater until I married Eric. Now I love them! ;)
Post a Comment