Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend Wrap-up

Friday night we went up to Westminster College and watched a friend of ours play basketball, he plays for Dixie State. It was a close game but when Westminster started pulling away not sure why they didn't play our friend more... seems to me there was a bit of politics running that team. He is a better player then some of the fellows they were putting in. Hopefully he does well the rest of the season and gets a good amount of playing time. It was nice to chat with him and his dad after the game. Ty was a doll the whole game and during half time they had a massive game of Knock out, Matt made it all the way until the end and then they started shooting 3 pointers. He missed once and was toast... tough competition! (Don't worry he promptly got that chick in front of him out.)

Saturday we watched Preston play his football game in the morning (Matt wanted to play but they had enough guys), in the afternoon we went to my aunts house (who had WAY too many treats out...not good for the waistline but SO yummy) and watched BYU play Wyoming and slaughter them. It was a good game to see in fact by the end there I got a tiny bit bored of watching the game and didn't even realize the game had ended! That evening we had a yummy dinner at the Wu home and played the Newlywed game. Sorry for letting you down Matt, haha we lost to some TRUE newlyweds though so we don't feel so bad, good game Prezanne and Wu's.

Sunday we went to the new ward and met a few more new people, whose names we cant remember 5 minutes afterwards because so many people introduce themselves. Then we renewed our temple recommends and headed over to some friends house for dinner. It was SO good. I made desert, apple crisp and it didn't turn out! Why you ask? The apples were still crunchy! I cooked them for 50 minutes before we went to their house. THEN when we got home I put them back in the oven and cooked them for another 30 minutes and they are still a little crunchy not the usual smooth yummy texture. WEIRD right? Oh well it was still okay because of the ice cream and caramel syrup on top. :)
Now on to the rest of the week!
p.s. for a funny post on a Disc Golfing adventure that my husband and Brothers-in-law had read this post.

3 comments:

Kay said...

Glad Brian got there, he was looking for a ride, I heard.

The Picture of Ty is a cute one!

That game was a bit boring in the 4 th quarter, but I think I'd rather have boring than not!

Suzanne said...

Yeah... darn right we won! hahaha... man... like that is something to brag about...

Holly said...

Gottalove a new ward! Eric and I are still trying to remember people's names and we ahve been here almost a year! :O