Monday, March 10, 2008

Daylight Saving? More like torture...

Matt is feeling a a lot better but he still hasn't kicked his congestion completely. Although he thinks it isn't a cold anymore and has shifted into seasonal allergies. Only time will tell.

Matt had a test on Saturday morning and did pretty well, after he got back from school we went on down the Kristin and Wills. They were shopping when we were there so Matt went out back to look at their fence. A chunk of it fell down in the winter and Saturday was a nice day to go out and look at it. As he was looking the nice neighbor Lady came out and told Matt she had everything to fix it she just didn't have the man power to do it. So I guess at that point Matt went to work. Matt loves doing things like this mind you so it was not a problem at all for him! He dug out the old post and its cement and put in the new post and poured in the concrete. They had hot water and accelerator so it should be okay. Matt is going back this evening to finish nailing it together. I told Kristin its the least we could do with how much they feed us! Might as well earn our keep!

While Matt was fixing the fence I was raking, I found I think 7 little piles of deer droppings in the back yard and didn't want Jason playing in them so there I went raking all these piles of leaves and such over them. I forgot the habits of little boys and leaves though, Jason saw the piles and immediately ran right through them laughing the whole way. YEEESH! So needless to say I wont be surprised come Monday when all the leaves are spread all over the yard again, plus it was pretty windy outside. Kristin should have a really pretty back yard come spring. The people who lived there before her planted TONS of bulbs! We found them all growing under the leaves and I think it will be nice.

Sunday we slept in a little,, NOT REALLY just daylight saving time... I am not a fan it is too early for me now! Anyways then I had to prepare for a lesson. I had to teach about Eternal Families and it was pretty good. I think I did an okay job considering only 2 girls came we couldn't get into much of a discussion but that's all right. Afterwards was soup and scones and Grandma and Grandpas house the soups were great made by Steph and Kristin.

Afterwards we went home and Matt popped in King Kong so that was my cue to go upstairs and read! I finally got a hold of "An assembly to remember" I read that until I fell asleep and Matt still wasn't done with the movie.

Whelp I gotta get going! This morning seems extra early I cant imagine why.... ;) ;)

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Ok so we bloged the same thing.

And you didn't blog about the vapor rub. That was so funny!!

Stacy Johnson said...

I agree! I is absolute torture. There was a letter to the editor in the paper the other day where a woman said she would vote for any man or woman who would do away with Daylight Savings Time. I thought it was so funny. I said that it wouldn't be so bad if they always went back every six months! It is the forward that I hate!

steve said...

Glad you could help out with the fence and the raking. I love daylight savings time. It's my favorite.

Holly said...

I am glad Matt is feeling better. That is nice that he is 'hands on' like that. I love that your Uncle Eric can do that stuff too! He says he can't but he always finds a way... :)

Kay said...

There were deer in their back and front yard all the time when I was there last month. I didn't think about the little surprises they would leave after their visits...ick!

I taught that lesson two weeks ago and had a girl leave in tears. Tough sunday!