Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Valentines games and fun

The first Monday of every month month we do a little skype session FHE with Jordan, Michaela, Calin and Carpi. It all started because Michaela and I are convinced Ty and Calin would be BESTIES if they knew each other. But since we live out of driving distance from one another we don't see each other that often. I think it's been almost 2 years since we've all been together. We've skyped before but that gets kind of weird after 3 minutes when the kids just stare at each other. So we decided to do FHE. I think it's worked out quite well these first few months. February was Michaela's turn to plan she taught a lovely lesson and we played minute to win it games for our activity. We stacked conversation hearts, threw mini marshmallows into cups, moved conversation hearts from one plate to another with chopsticks (or pencils in our case), did the cookie on the forehead and have to get it to your mouth with out using your hands and lastly we did the mummy wrap. As you can see Maylee wasn't thrilled to find at the end that she couldn't move very well. 

 Ty was excited to wrap up Matt. 
 Matt wrapped me up, and I spun so fast that I was dizzy and sick for a long while afterwards. 

We've also been working on puzzles. The boy has become addicted (yet again) to screen time so we are trying hard to avoid the TV being on ALL day. He did this one all by himself and he wanted me to take a picture so we could show Matt when he got home from work. I don't know why he posed like that but... 
 Sister had to pose the same way. She works on her Minnie puzzles too. She good at jamming them together really. 
 I didn't clean up the streamers from the night before so I was a cool mom and let the kids shred them to bits, run through them, throw them etc etc. They played for quite some time! The only rule was to keep it in the kitchen. Clean up wasn't bad at all. 

1 comment:

Michaela said...

We love having FHE with you guys! It's so much fun! I can't wait for next month :) We left the paper out for the kids to shred and play with too :) Such fun games!