Okay I guess I did build up the babysitting story a bit, it's nothing crazy, just funny.
We got home from the Restaurant at 6:30, we needed to leave at 6:30 to drive the 35 minutes to the Chiles Center, park on the street somewhere and walk to our seats. Our babysitter Carson was at her dance competition and was going to be to our house around 6:30, she was running late so we asked the Johnson's if they could stay with the girls for a little bit while Carson come so we wouldn't be late to the game. They agreed (aren't they awesome?) and we took off, in a flash.
I think poor Maylee and Emma weren't adequately prepared for the sudden change in management. I started getting texts at about 7:30, asking where diapers were and if the girls cry themselves to sleep... from Ken. Carson's mom text me 45 min. previous saying they would be to our house by 7. What were the Johnson's still doing there?
Apparently all 3 (they have a little lady who is about 2 months younger than Emma) had poopy diapers ALL at the same time right when Carson came. All three were crying like crazy too. So the Johnson's took pity on Carson and did a little Man to Man defense instead of leaving her with Zone. Apparently Maylee ONLY liked Ken, WHAT? Yeah, she rarely likes Men and she chose KEN to put her to bed and ran away from anyone else. HAHA Apparently Emma was preferential to Ken as well. So thanks Ken for wooing our ladies so, Carson couldn't have done it with out you guys.
Carson put Emma to bed and I guess she cried for quite a while before going to bed. Poor babysitter(s) rough night! We did come home to find both the girls peacefully sleeping.
We on the other hand had a LOVELY time at the game!
We got there about 10 minutes before the game started. We love going to the Chiles center when BYU plays Portland because there are usually a TON of BYU fans, more than Portland fans usually. The arena is quite small, almost the same size as a nice High School. So even if you get SUPER junky seats you are still in AWESOME seats. We were on the 14th row. Also, as we were walking to our seats I ran into Coach Rose! He was coming from the locker room, they don't have a separate entrance. I said " Oh my gosh!" and got a hand shake.
Ty always gets a kick out of the beginning, once the game started though he got restless and by the middle of the second half he was asking to go home to bed. I think he's hit that "I don't know what is going on and it's not important to me" stage. In about 3 or 4 years he'll probably be excited to go with us, for next year though, he'll probably stay home.
We watched the warm ups just an arms length away from the players. So crazy.
Matt and I during half time. I snagged Matt's BYU shirt and he threw it on over his red t-shirt.
BYU was trailing for just a little bit, they are always slow to start but then they kicked it into high gear and got a good lead in the second half.
Something crazy happened near the middle of the second half. Tanner Riley for Portland got a little feisty. As you can hear, a ton of booing. The Portland fans got a little crazed about it all too. It was uhh fun to watch fans from both sides yelling about it all. The clip is a little long but the very beginning shows it all.
Anyway it was a fun game!
Sunday my mom sewed on a few buttons for me on the girls Valentine dresses that I am sewing and my Dad looked up a few things for our upcoming trip to Ireland. Then we went to church and my parents left right afterwards.
It was a good weekend with my parents and Ty is all ready asking when they are coming back or when we can visit them again.
2 comments:
When are y'all going to Ireland?
Sounds like a fun time at the basketball...not so fun for your babysitters. LOL That happened to us once when James was a baby. We left him with my aunt to catch a late movie. It was his bedtime and I nursed him to sleep, put him down and left. Well I guess he sensed being somewhere new, woke up and wouldn't stop crying. I left a bottle that I pumped and his pacifier but he wanted nothing to do with it. I think he cried nearly the entire time we were gone and finally fell asleep 10 min before we got back. I felt SO bad.
Poor girls, it's hard having them crying when you're not there to help them! But that's so nice of the Johnson's to stay and help out your babysitter!
Yes, tell us more about this Ireland trip!!! :)
Post a Comment