Tuesday, October 9, 2012

TMT: Miraculous

What is the Tender Mercy this week... that's an easy one, a healthy little newborn baby! Seriously! If you all remember how it was with Ty and Maylee, Emma is a dream come true. Maybe it's partly because we've just figured out our kids and know what to expect, like going straight to Soy instead of screwing around with anything milk based. The other part is definitely heaven sent. She is happy, healthy and a perfect edition to our family. Also, I think both Matt and I were better emotionally equipped this go round as well to welcome a newborn. Weird to think that since Miss Emma was a surprise to our family but it seems like we're settling in as it was all planned out that way. Matt is sleeping fairly well and getting through the work days just fine (I think). Emma is sleeping okay at night but luckily it's only me (and my mom for now) that are up with her late so everyone else can rest. I don't mind since I can nap during the day. Hopefully when my mom leaves on Friday it wont be too much of an adjustment and I can manage three all on my own.

Now onto more pictures...
Another reason Grandma is fun to have around, she gives the kids treats... like crazy sucker things that turn my childrens' mouths and teeth and lips and faces and clothing berry blue. Just what I like. 
 Emma had her first bath at home. She did okay, as you can tell Maylee was ready for the picture. I don't think anyone else was though.
Here is little Emma with her favorite blanket. Wrap her up in that and put her hat on and she'll be totally asleep within minutes.  

3 comments:

Will said...

She's a cutie. As great as everything turned out, isn't it funny that THIS experience had the screaming and yelling!?!

Spence Ohana said...

She totally is a tender mercy! So glad to hear y'all are settling in to your new family dynamic just fine.

Michaela said...

What size are those pj's she's wearing in the last pic? They are still so big on her. She's so tiny and cute!! And such a blessing that everything went smoothly and she's happy and healthy!!!

Oh grandma's sure are nice to have around! But I'm sure you will manage great when she leaves. You're a super mom. It will be cake! :)