We weren't cleared to leave last night unfortunately. Nothing is wrong with either of us but they just want to monitor Emma just a LITTLE longer before they let her go. It had to do with my amniotic fluid before she was born so i'll spare you the details, just know were both healthy and fine, it's just a precaution.
Matt stayed with us again last night, yesterday he swapped with my mom and took the kids home for their naps and napped himself which was perfect. He got the first night shift with Emma last night so I could sleep. The first night in the hospital I got maybe two or three hours and I hadn't napped at all that day. OH it was DELIGHTFUL sleeping on my stomach last night!!! I slept so hard that I woke up at 3 am and literally couldn't figure out where I was, what time it was or what woke me up for about 30 seconds, you know you've been sleeping HARD when that is the case.
Anyway I got the second night shift though and really Emma and I just slept the whole time too. She eats so fast it's amazing, I've never seen a newborn get down 2 ounces of formula so fast. Usually the whole process of feeding, burping and changing for the typical newborn takes about 30-45 minutes. Emma is done in about 5 and Matt and I are still in awe.
She's been sleeping a ton now which is good since she didn't sleep much at all the first 24 hours or so. She's passed all her tests so far with flying colors and we're looking to be discharged here this afternoon sometime.
FOR THE RECORD:
I apologized profusely during and after delivery for screaming so loudly while I was delivering. I kept telling the nurses in the 10 seconds in between contractions sorry. It wasn't a scream either, it was more of a YELLING REALLY LOUD that THIS TOTALLY HURTS! The nurses all smiled and laughed saying that I wasn't yelling that loud because they could barely hear it at the desk. Plus it literally lasted about 2 minutes considering Matt only heard me yelling once. Eeeesh that was traumatic and embarrassing. Weirdest thing I have ever done that is for DANG sure. In other news I am completely off all pain medications. It's weird how fast I am recovering compared to the last two.
Thanks for the prayers of health and recovery on our behalf!
Now with out further adieu, more pictures of our little Emma.
3 comments:
That is amazing she is such a great eater. You have a keeper!
Woo hoo yay for fast newborn eaters! James was mine, he literally was done nursing in 10-15 minutes, when Madeline always took like 45!
She is cute as a button! Glad you both are recovering well!
SHe's so beautiful!! And your hair is cute..I'm going to have to steal that hair style;)
Post a Comment