One of my friends and visiting teacher offered to watch our kids while Matt and I went to the Temple. Of course I took her up on it! Matt and I haven't been to the temple together since Maylee was born so it was about time.
I actually surprised Matt at work and asked him on a date. :) He of course said yes and we headed down to Portland. Have i ever mentioned that traffic in Portland is the WORST I have ever seen? I have been to quite a few big cities and it's nothing compared to this. It took us just over and hour to drive 23 miles, and that was going the "fast" way. I can't stand driving here! Anyway, we had to pretty much SPRINT into the temple to make it into the 6 o'clock session. I had made dinner for us to eat once we arrived but since it took so long to drive there we had to for go that and just run.
We had a lovely time in the temple, so calm and peaceful inside. It was amazing and I can't help but smile every time I see my husband in the temple... just like the day we were married.
Once we got out Matt was starving so I could hardly peel him away from the food I made to take a picture with him, but he obliged after some coaxing.
The temple is hard to get a good picture of due to tall the trees but I thought this was a pretty good shot. It is a gorgeous temple and I wish we had more time to walk to grounds but we had to hurry back to our kids. It only took 30 minutes to get HOME.
Our kids loved playing with Rachel's family in fact Ty threw a FIT that he had to go home. I think I need to schedule another play date with them :) It was so kind of her to watch our kids so we could go on a date. We loved it. Next time however I think we'll go on a Saturday morning or something in hopes to avoid that crazy traffic.


6 comments:
Are you allowed to take pics inside the temple? I don't think I've ever seen pics inside one, like were there pics of your wedding inside? Is it setup like most churches? And how does a temple differ from your regular churches? Sorry about all the questions, my curiosity is sparking. :)
Glad you and Matt had some nice alone time together.
Mellisa, you can see pictures of the inside of the temple. lds.org/church/temples Then find, Why we Build temples and then What happens in Temples. Really that site will tell you and show you everything you'd want to know. But every Temple has a slightly different interior to fit the nation or area it's built.
Mickie, so glad you got to get away for a little bit! What a great new friend.
glad you guys got to go. Hopefully Jordan and Michaela will be able to babysit or we can drop them off at Kelly's sister's place in Rexburg so we can go. I have to say that AUSTIN is the worst I've seen. I think we went 15 miles in just under 45 min. We should have walked through downtown Austin instead!
Thanks for the link Kay, I checked it out. Many beautiful temples with beautiful architecture (I love visiting Catholic cathedrals and admiring the architecture). Although the gallery on the site had a ton of pics of temples, they were only the exterior (I didn't see any interior pics). Do they show any? I checked out the FAQ tab, it talks about gaining a glimpse of what it will be like to live in His presence with the peaceful atmosphere of the temple and that you can talk about what the interior of the temple looks like. Still curious :) what does the atmosphere look like, do all temples have the same sort of rooms, etc. in them?
There's nothing like the beauty of the temple when you close the doors behind you. No worldly outside influence. Glad you had a chance to go.
Nate has his saying-Geez "fly". Now Matt has his saying-Geez "bee".
Post a Comment