Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Maylee at 5 months

HEY ALL GUESS WHAT? This little lady is five months old today!
Stinking cute too I would say :)

SINCE you all are wondering she had a Doctors appointment today.

She is 12 lbs 8.5 oz, 9th percentile
She is 23.5 inches the 6th percentile
Her head circumference is 15.24 inches not even on the charts it's too small.

SO she is still a little peanut. It is good to know how much she weighs however so I can give her the proper doses for medicine.

Our new pediatrician, Dr. Sara Bell was wonderful. She was able to check out Maylee while fending off a FIERCELY protective older brother. I explained to Ty this is someone nice and she is okay to hold Maylee. I hope that attitude of Ty's stays the same their whole lives though.

She gave me the okay to start feeding Maylee solids! So in the next week or so i'll try some rice cereal with her.

Maylee is getting caught up on her immunizations too so she had 4 shots and one oral vaccination. Poor girl, all though I think Ty was more upset about it then Maylee was. She was crying pretty hard but I think if I would have let him Ty would have mauled the nurse giving her the shots he was NONE too happy with that nurse messing with his baby sis. I think he gets his protectiveness from his father. :)

Now on to what you all are really wondering about... we have no answers yet. We are scheduling an appointment with a Pediatric Ophthalmologist who will order either an MRI or a CAT scan on her and we'll go from there. So about what we all ready knew. The biggest fear as a parent is you bring your child in for something and the Dr. can't tell anything is wrong. I am glad that Dr. Bell took the time to really try to find out what was going on with her eyes and acknowledge the problem and refer us on to a specialist.

We'll keep you all posted on her up coming appointments how everything goes...

 P.S. Here is a bonus behind the scenes video from Maylees 5 month photo shoot.
I had some little helpers, Ty and his buddy Sam trying to get some smiles from her... didn't work so well so I had to shoo them out of the room :)

6 comments:

Kristin said...

What a great older brother he is going to be!

Kay said...

I am the Grandma, but I would totally concur....STINKIN' CUTE!

Spence Ohana said...

She is stinkin' cute! And a lil peanut. Well I'm sorry you weren't able to find out more about her eyes at the appointment. Hopefully her specialist appt. will turn out just like Madeline's when she saw the pediatric cardiologist, and that it's nothing serious. Oh and some advice, make sure this specialist is covered by your insurance, as well as the tests he might do. Our specialist was covered but we had to pay a hefty out of pocket bill for the special test since we still owed all our deductible. Ya that's no fun.

steve said...

Maylee looks 3 months old. Guess I better get used to a small granddaughter. Way too cute. Love the pink.

Janice said...

Yes she is a cutie, Mickie. Love her smile.

Michaela said...

Oh my, i am SO behind on blogs! It's been over 2 weeks since I have been able to check blogs! Maylee is so cute, I can't believe she's already over 5 months! And I'm so glad she's ok and it's nothing serious with her eyes! I think she and Capri are going to look alike. I guess our kids are just bound to be twiners :)