Sunday, August 21, 2011

Slip'n'slide

Yesterday, after an afternoon of  walking a few trails and playing on the playground for a while we came home and it was so hot! OVER 90 DEGREES!!! Our thermometer said it was 99 even! Wow!!! So we stopped off at Walgreen's on the way home and bought an inexpensive little slip'n'slide.
We set it up and Ty started running. Then we put Maylee down next to it so she could cool off too. I thought she would hate it but she LOVED it! She started laughing really hard when Ty would run by her. You can't hear it real well in the video though. 
Matt and Ty hanging out and cooling off in the water. 
Maylee stayed right there for probably 45 minutes. She loved it! 
Matt decided it was time for her to run through the slip'n'slide too. 
I sat with her for a while, we splashed and played. 
Matt ran with Ty a ton as well. Matt stepped on a bee however right before this video. Terrible of me to laugh but it wasn't until about 4 years ago that Matt found out he was allergic to bee stings and swells up like crazy. He was stung on his foot so instantly in my head I pictured Matt with a big club foot in 1 hours time. Instead I gave him two Benedryl and sprayed his foot down with Dermaplast, no more playing for him. 

It was time for dinner anyway. Then after dinner Matt crashed on the couch and was super groggy the rest of the night. Good news though, no club foot since we caught it so soon :) 

4 comments:

Kay said...

So I guess you'll have to work more on the slide part. Ty has the run and slip part down!

Wow, 90 degrees, that's a scorcher for Van Vancouver.

And I could hear Maylee laughing the video, cute.

Kristin said...

The fun you guys have :)

Poor Matt. Those bees are nasty.

steve said...

Maybe Matt needed to show Ty how to do the slide. Maylee is so cute in her little swim suit.

nathan said...

LOL. ok the bee sting isn't that funny, but it's matt's reaction. Matt, are you sure it was a bee and not your neighbor shooting you with a bb gun??? :)