Lately I have come to realize that in the GRAND scheme of things, I am nothing... Really out of all the millions and billions and trillions of people that have walked, or currently walk or have yet to walk this earth I am just one. Just one Girl trying to make my way.
I thought about this while reading from Moses, it says
7And now, behold, this one thing I show unto thee, Moses, my son, for thou art in the world, and now I show it unto thee.
8And it came to pass that Moses looked, and beheld the aworld upon which he was created; and Moses bbeheld the world and the ends thereof, and all the children of men which are, and which were created; of the same he greatly cmarveled and wondered.
9And the apresence of God withdrew from Moses, that his bglory was not upon Moses; and Moses was left unto himself. And as he was left unto himself, he cfell unto the earth.
10And it came to pass that it was for the space of many hours before Moses did again receive his natural astrength like unto man; and he said unto himself: Now, for this cause I know that bman iscnothing, which thing I never had supposed.
There are SO many people on this earth, so many people just trying to live each day, so many people praying for their little trials and issues to change or be resolved, so many people praying for peace and comfort. Who am I to be one of those people praying about the littlest things. I prayed last night that my kids would sleep well, I prayed last night that Matt would do well on his tests for work, I prayed last night that we would be safe, I prayed last night that my extended family would have health and strength. This is just a small list of the many things that I hope and pray about. Why would God value me or even try to answer my prayers when He has so many more important things to worry about?
I'll tell you why, because He loves me. I am his child and it doesn't matter how many He has to take care of I am special to him. D&C 18:10 says, Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God. He knows me, He knows my heart, He knows my needs and wants probably better then I do. He has blessings in store for me, He has a plan for me. Something my BIL Braden said on his Mission blog struck me too, he said "As small and insignificant of a person I am compared to Christ or God, he still created this world for me...why? Because he loves me that much."
When Matt and I were planning our big move it seemed like every time I was about to give up on something, when I was worried or frustrated to the max, something fell into place. Things happened not on my time frame but His, and I am so happy they did. Matt got the job here, we got renters for our home in Utah, we found a great place to live here... etc etc so many miracles happened it is truly hard to keep track of them all. That is proof enough that God loves me.
But even more so, God loves me so much the He sent his Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ to die for me that I might be able to return to live with him. Think about it, what a sacrifice it would be to send one of your children to die for the rest of your children, to take all the sins of your children on himself and carry that burden all by himself, even you couldn't help him it would be something he would have to do on his own. Pretty heartbreaking when you think of it that way.
3 comments:
Inspiring post cuz :)
It's odd, but being nothing is definitely something in the grand scheme of things.
Exactly Will!
Thanks for the post, Mick!
Post a Comment