Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ty

Since I gave you a quick update on Maylee I thought I would tell you Ty's latest. This is a long post so just look at the pictures and videos :) 

He says a TON more words now and he tries to copy a lot of things that we say. For example he was running down the hallway yesterday at full speed (which is surprisingly fast these days) and he biffed it hard. He looked back a me and said "Uh oh!!! Is Okay..." Jumped up and took off again. It's funny to hear my words coming out of his mouth. That is just what I say to him when he falls, "Uh oh, are you okay?"
Playing on the deck while we were unpacking boxes, he loves to jump off things
He also plays a lot of basketball with his little hoop. We've been watching almost every night with the Playoffs on and the MAVS going to the finals. Anyway, before every shot he yells, TWO! Then puts it in the hoop. I asked Matt why and he said he was counting. Whenever Matt throws Ty a ball he counts to three and throws it to him. SO he is counting before he throws it. In fact he doesn't say one but he can say, FOUR, TRREEE, TWO then he does whatever he is going to do. Last Sunday it was the metal tape measure to my head. He gave me fair warning by counting down, I should have known the throw was coming. He was reminded not to throw tape measures shortly after.

He says "Hi" a ton, but he says it softly. I think it is because Matt and I usually say it quietly to him, each other and Maylee. Yesterday at the grocery store he said "Hi" quietly to the check out person and as we were leaving he yelled "LATER!"

Speaking of that, he is just about over his stranger danger I think. He hasn't had a major melt down when a random person talks to him in a few weeks, thankfully.
A Kiss for Maylee
He LOVES Maylee still but sometimes he loves her too rough. I play a lot of defense through out the day. He is figuring out what Gently means however. He'll say "Kiiiss?" Then gives her a kiss on the head. It's pretty cute.
He loves his sister
He is started with Time Outs when he does things that he KNOWS he isn't supposed to do. He'll sit there until you come get him too, which is nice.

He has decided he likes Thomas the Tank Engine, he calls it "Carrrs" anything with wheels is a car. Luckily it's on Netflix instant watch so he can watch it whenever he wants.
Enjoying his first Popsicle from an Ice Cream truck in our backyard
More words he says are:
Hep (Help)
Bee Bee (Baby)
PEAS (Please, that one disappeared for a while but Matt got it back)
Waar (Water, no more HARS for water)
Dank Do (Or something close to that means Thank you)
Cookie ( That is a cracker, we don't have many cookies around here usually)
Canny (Candy, which means anything sweet in general)
Okay
Bu-uh Fly (Butterfly)
oww-er (Flower)
and a whole bunch of YEAH's! When we watch sports.
These are just a few of the many words he says...
Saying Bee Bee. Oh and May DID have a headband on promise, this was right before PJ's were put on.
Don't worry all, the classic What hagning (What's happening) is still a favorite too. He still thinks anything that is turned off, has fallen or isn't working is Bwoke. "Uh oh It Bwoke" he says.

He LOVES to say random letters as well, a few recent favorites are P, O, A, B and U. (We think those last two are BYU but were not sure.

 I took this right after he woke up this morning. He can point to his hair, teeth, nose and eyes if you ask him
Wellll sometimes....

He also says what a cow says and what a lion says,

He opens all the doors now so he is quite the explorer and he has decided that 6 or 6:30 is the time he needs to wake up. He walks into our room around to my side of the bed (even when his Dad is home) and he says, Hep, HeP! While grabbing my hand. Yeah I am going to get him a child safety door handle so I can go get him instead of the current trend.

He still loves all animals and isn't scared of huge dogs at all, he lets them lick his face and he just laughs.

Like I said before he has to have his Woody doll, he can't sleep with out him OR Woody's hat. He talks a lot about hats and likes to try them on, he wont wear them for a long time though.

So much to update on, I know it's probably boring for most of you BUT I know he'll look back on this stuff in 20+ years and get a kick out of it so I am trying to document thoroughly.

5 comments:

Colton said...

man. finally not scared of people and you move. i was waiting for the day when he wouldn't freak out when i talked to him. . . now he'll be speaking in fun sentences next time i see him! haha.

Will said...

Bored? . . . nah. That kind of documentary-style post is the best.

Kristin said...

Well I sure think he is a cute kid!

Suzanne said...

Oh... Lil Ty guy. Too sute Mick. I read the whole thing. Now I cant get enough of those two. :) At least I still have the Wu kids to play with.

Spence Ohana said...

Oh I thought I commented on this but I guess I didn't yet. :) Ty has grown so much! What a cutie, love all his pics and videos. If Matt heads to Iowa for Mandi's wedding in July let me know - cause I can give him a whole bunch of shoes and some clothes for Ty that James has outgrown.