Tuesday, May 17, 2011

TMT: The Man

I don't think I need to remind you all that my Husband is, The Man. But I will anyway.

He is awesome. On the 6th of this month was our 5 year Anniversary. I was in Oregon at my parents house with the kids and Matt was in Utah packing up the rest of our house, cleaning it and loading up a moving truck. What a romantic 5th Anniversary huh?

Anyway, I was feeling a little down that I wasn't with him on our special day, all though it was a little nostalgic curling my hair that morning in the bathroom remembering that is where I was the morning we got married doing exactly the same thing... Anyway I was feeling depressed and what shows up? A big bouquet of beautiful flowers to the door. What the... in between all the stuff he was doing he thought to send me flowers? Talk about a surprise. I of course felt bad instantly because all I did was call him and tell him Happy Anniversary! I didn't know we were doing gifts. I had no excuse, I was with my parents all week doing nothing but hanging out while he was working his tail off to get our home moved out here. Not to mention it was finals week and he graduated that day... Yes, put a big FAIL sticker on my marriage homework...

Oh and everything is going pretty well here. We have finally finished all the painting and are moving on to the hanging of our pictures, mirrors, clocks and art work around the house. All of which he does while I sit there and say, a little higher or more to the left. Man I am a loser wife...

I am so glad he works so hard for me, I honestly don't know what I would do with out him!

On a lighter note, I was watching New Moon last night, you know one of those Twilight movies, to see if the landscape really is the same as here in Vancouver as the movie is, which it is...moss, HUGE trees, green green and more green... Anyway while watching it Matt said he wanted to be a werewolf then came out of our room wearing only cut off jean shorts and dancing around. Then he started quoting lines from the movie and saying he needed to find some body glitter so he could be a werewolf pretending to be a vampire. It was HILARIOUS. He makes me laugh every day almost to the point of skittling my pants! He is seriously the funniest person I know I am so glad he's my best friend and he chose me to be his.

6 comments:

Michaela said...

Happy Anniversary! I didn't even realize it was your 5th this year. And how sweet to send you flowers since you guys were apart!

Matt is a pretty funny guy. I can not imagine Jordan ever doing anything like that. Glitter...lol, oh my gosh, too funny! Glad you guys are settling in well there in Vancouver!

Michaela said...

haha! now thats funny. We miss you guys. Happy anniversary.

Michaela said...

that was jordan

Will said...

Good thing he wasn't at our house. He probably would have found that glitter . . .

Kay said...

Yes, he is a keeper!

steve said...

And to think I almost threw him back. He definitely has his mother's traits. Happy Anniversary.