WARNING: This waffle flavor isn't for the faint of heart... if you don't do "sick" then don't read this...y'all are just lucky there isn't any syrup involved, I actually thought about it after one incident but then decided that would be way too graphic.
Ty was sick this weekend, the kind of sick you dread your kid having while you are pregnant, yeah that kind. One morning I was hurrying to get out the door and Ty looked at me funny... then he started making funny noises. I was standing in the kitchen and he turned the corner to come find me and stood at the edge of the carpet and uhh, let it rip so to speak. I looked at him and he had throw up all over himself. I grabbed a few towels (yes it was THAT much) and started cleaning up. Instead of being irritated that I had all these things to do that day and now I wouldn't get any of it done because Ty was sick OR being annoyed that I am super pregnant and on my hands and knees cleaning up nastiness all over the kitchen floor realizing after I wipe it all up I better just MOP the whole floor to make sure I get it all... ALL I thought was, "Lucky thing it was on the kitchen floor instead of the carpet, it's way easier to clean up this way. Oh and look at that he only puked on my shoes and pants, not my shirt or in my hair... that means I can just change my bottom half when I am done cleaning up Yay" After I got done thinking that I laughed out loud because I realized, I just passed the mom test! I wasn't upset just grateful it happened how it did and realized it could have been a ton worse.
Then later this weekend Matt had Ty lying next to him in bed. I was crawling into bed with them when Ty sat up and made the same funny noise with his mouth. I looked at Matt and before I could spit out the words "Watch out!" Ty let it rip again, in our bed all over our sheets. Matt was so fast though that he rolled out of the way to miss the projectiled contents... we picked Ty up stripped him down and he was in the tub at the same time that I got all our sheets off and in the wash. When I got back upstairs Matt said, "Did you see how fast I rolled? Good reflexes huh? Good thing it was just on the sheets, we can wash those easily." I would say Matt passed the Dad test, rolling so fast he didn't get yacked on.
I know all of you have been there and done that and after a weekend of sleepless nights and making sure a towel and or bowl is always in reach I am pleased to announce Ty is no longer sick and neither Matt nor I caught whatever he had going on... Hallelujah to that!
8 comments:
Well I am glad that he was feeling better yesterday. I enjoyed the company.
That's not what she said after y'all left . . . just kidding. It was nice to have a early "weekend".
Poor little guy...I hope he's doing better. I remember those days with days the boys. I was the one with the 'iron stomach'. Your poor Uncle was usually turning green with whoever was feeling bad.
Grossssss!!! Thanks for the warning.
Kay said gross but you know she read it anyway. You never know what a small incomvenience is until you lose a child.
I dread this time of year when this 24 hour bug goes around. Glad he's feeling better. Hope ya'll don't get it either. I know it has been going around idaho for the last month and hope we don't get it again.
Ah poor Ty, projectile vomit is the worst! You guys certainly did pass the test! ;) When we moved from OR to TX Madeline got car sick a few times. I remember her saying she was feeling sick and then heard a noise - at lightning speed I took off my seatbelt, turned around while we were driving (I was in the passenger seat), cupped my hands just in time to catch her throw up. It was nasty! Stephen pulled over, and I did a balancing act keeping my hands cupped and getting out of the car. Oh fun times!
Glad Ty is feeling better!
You did it!!! I still can't handle the smell of Puke while I'm pregnant so the last round that went through my house, I took the kid and Michael took the mess.
Post a Comment