Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ba-loom obsession

Ty has become OBSESSED with "Ba-loom"s (Balloons). His favorite movie is now, Up!  What could be better then a movie with tons of balloons AND dogs. It's not my favorite, but now I know every line.

The reason I tell you all about this Balloon obsession is because we have had the opportunity to go visit my Grandpa at his new rehabilitation place twice. There are balloons there, everywhere, in every room! The first day we went he ended up collecting 4 balloons running up and down the hallways. He would run into random patients rooms and want their balloons. I was nervous with him disturbing everyone but it was quite the opposite. They LOVED seeing him, especially how excited he was about "BA-LOOMS BA-LOOMS!!!" He had this one fellow following him in his wheelchair poking his balloon and Ty was more then happy to play with him. Plus the all you can eat ice cream is a big plus to him too.

Last time we went Aunt Holly gave him one of Grandpa's balloons and now it's all he plays with. Matt taught Ty how to throw a squishy baseball at it for target practice. He can actually hit it from pretty far away even though he doesn't do it in the video. Oh he can say baseball too, but it comes out at "babs-bee" yeah... pretty close huh? Not even! He loves his B words, Banana, Ball, Balloon, Baby... I am working with him on other words. Dog comes out as  Dog-gug. I think that is because the main dog's name in Up! is Doug. Anyways enjoy the video, it's not all that exciting but we had nothing else going on this morning because of dang 1 o'clock church time, what do you do all morning!? Play target practice on the "Ba-Loom"

Oh and he runs over at the beginning and gives me a cheesy smile because he thinks I am taking his picture... 

7 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

Too cute! James LOVES balloons too, now he can blow them up really huge on his own. So whenever we go to the Dollar Tree James will want a whole package of balloons to blow up or one of their mylar balloons for a $1.

Love Ty's new words.

Kristin said...

Well I am sure he will get a lot of oppertunities to collect bollons over the next few months :)

Will said...

Target practice looks fun. I'll bet we could have fun with that too.

Holly said...

His face was soooo cute when I handed him that ba-loom! Glad it's still in tact. Maybe we should stock up Gpa's room with a couple more! ;o)

Michaela said...

I love how he says balloon! He's so cute! And what a good arm! :)

Savannah said...

Denali is obsessed with balloons too! She says it more like "ba-oon" haha! We have just a plain old blown up purple balloon at the house right now and it was the first thing she asked for when she woke up this morning. It sure would be fun to get these two together!

grampa spence said...

He is getting so big. Pretty direct pitch with that ball.