Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Little Helper

As I have been baking I have been letting Ty "help" me. It has taken everything in my power not to freak out when he makes a mess with the Sugar, Salt or Flour. I am pretty OCD about cleaning up as I go, using as little dishes as possible and not spilling anything so all I do is wipe the counter up after I put my creation in the oven. With Ty this isn't the case, he gets his own measuring spoons and cups and helps me dump the flour in the bowl... he spills the salt and sticks his fork in the batter or dough and flicks it everywhere while attempting to stir. I just tell myself it's okay it's okay... He really enjoys it though as you can tell by the above picture (Ty now really knows when I am taking his picture so he pulls the cheese ball face. It was only inevitable that he picked this face up considering both Matt and I mastered it as children.)  

We made homemade bread about 2 weeks ago for the first time in my life. Okay, I have made bread in my bread machine before and pulled the dough out but that just doesn't count in my book. This time we made it ALL by hand. I can't remember why we made it but it was actually stinking good! Matt was in heaven when he ate the first loaf (yes I said loaf I maybe got 1 or 2 slices) the second loaf I made Kneaders Raspberry Bread Pudding with and again Matt was in double heaven. 

Here are a few pictures of the little helper in action...
He was pinching flour and putting it in the bowl of bread dough
We made brownies for a baby shower and Ty got to lick the bowl and spatula
Here is the delightful bread that we made, first try even! Looks pretty tasty huh! I am baking some more right now because we ran out of bread and Matt eats at LEAST 2 PB &J sandwiches a day, he'll need some for work tomorrow. Yum smells so good.  

6 comments:

Holly said...

YUMMY! Any Kneaders recipes...send my way! My family loves that place. I remember when I would try to not get stressed when T or C helped me bake/cook. I promise after many 'helping hands' over the years it gets easier. :o)

Mickie and Matt said...

I put the one I used as links in the post, if you click on homemade bread or Kneaders Raspberry Bread Pudding the recipes should pull up.

Kay said...

Oh man, I think I should make some home made bread today...yum!!

And what's your laptop doing right by that little helper of yours. Experience tells me you might want to move it!

Spence Ohana said...

Ty looks like he loved being mommy's lil helper! I'm like you, like to keep my counters clean while measuring and mixing. Man oh man is it ever hard to not wince when the kids and Stephen are making something in the kitchen!

Ty is getting so big!

grampa spence said...

That bread looks so good. Someone once said, it's not the destination but the journey. It's the little things that are remembered.

Trish Griffee said...

Ty is so adorable! I'm not sure why you would pull out a bag to put that bread in if your house is anything like mine you'll never need to.