Wednesday, March 10, 2010

9 Months!

So a quick recap of our weekend, Friday we did a whole lot of nothing. We had to go to Men's Warehouse for Matt to be fitted for a Tuxedo. He is the Best Man in his good friend Ryan's wedding coming up on the 20th. While we were around the area we hit up a few places to look for a dress for me for the wedding and a gray sweater vest for Ty. We didn’t find anything for us... we realized we were in Suzanne and Preston's neck of the woods so we gave them a call only to find out they had some friends over. We decided to wait until the friends were gone then head over after. In order to kill time we saw an "In and Out" burger joint. We haven’t eaten at any of these new ones in Utah since they opened up cause they were always so busy. Well we needed to kill time so we headed over. We both got burgers, shared some fries and got some shakes. Now I am a stickler on what is okay for Ty to eat and what isn’t... but I decided that since he was ALMOST 9 months old he should try a French fry. He loved them... as you can see


Hmmm what is this mom?

I think i'll put it in my mouth...

YUM MOM! Why have you denied this goodness for so long... mmm food is so good.

After eating we got to Prezanne’s and with in about 30 minutes my left eye started to swell and I got hives so we had to leave after I took a full dose of Benadryl (I didn’t have the good stuff with me).

Saturday we woke up and my eye was STILL puffy and swollen so I took the good stuff that isn’t supposed to make me drowsy but it still does a bit. We headed down to SLC anyway to meet Will and Kristin with their Family pass at "Gateway Discovery" I think it was a bit over Ty's head but Jason and Sierra LOVED it! Kristin had a migraine and I was a bit loopy from the allergy meds so it wasn’t as enjoyable as it could have been. It was still fun though.

Afterwards we had Kristin and Will babysit Ty for us and take him back to their house while we stayed there and went to a Jazz game. I won tickets at my Christmas party from work. We had "Sponsor Room" dinner tickets too. It was really neat to eat there in a fancy room. It was a buffet type place with tons of food and desserts. We were I think, accidentally given THREE Sponsor room dinner tickets instead of two, so Matt decided to not let the ticket go to waist and give it to a random stranger. He left the room and was gone about 20 minutes. He came back with an older gentleman in tow who was there alone because his wife couldn’t make it. His name was Bob and he was a kind man who LOVED to talk. He sat at our table and we had a nice conversation with him. He was very glad Matt found him in the hot dog line and gave him a ticket for much better (and free) food. Turns out Bob is a photographer for NASA taking pictures of spacecraft parts and pieces… I asked him to take our picture.

Hmm not much of a people photographer is he. Oh well I probably wouldn’t have done much better.

We left and watched the game. It was good in the first half, then got boring in the second half because the Jazz pulled so far ahead. PLUS neither Matt nor I are big Jazz fans... it was still really fun thought go on a date, just us two, and enjoy one another. Then we headed back to the Wu's to get our Ty baby who incidentally spit up on Jason for the first time. HAHA poor Jason.
ANYWAYS, now for the real reason to post...

Ty is NINE MONTHS OLD TODAY! Where has my little baby boy gone? He's growing and learning so fast. He isn’t full on crawling but both Matt and I have had times where we are doing something then turn around to find Ty somewhere else completely and think... how did he get there so fast? I think he is closet crawling... doing it only when we aren’t looking! I would give his 9 month check up stats but his appointment was moved to the 22nd. I'll have to update you all then, and yes I can almost guarantee his head is still in the 90th percentile :)


He pulls on his socks, hence why the look like they are about to fall off and he just got a diaper change and we didn't put his pants back on. USUALLY he would be wearing pants... not that anyone really cares but me.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

That last position just doesn't look comfy!

Ringo said...

Thought you were trying to tell us something with that title!

Holly said...

LOL! I thought the same thing too, Mike! :D
I love how Ty looks at you...then moves...then back at you. Glad he got a fry! :P

Kay said...

WHAT??? You give him a greasy, oily, fat filled french fry and I can't even give him a itty-bitty, tiny taste of ice cream...whatever, dude!

So was that toy some thing you thought he could get to? Looks like he's moving farther away from it than closer to it. You need to put all toys behind the little guy!

Kelly Spence said...

Oh, yeah. I have never met a kid who didn't like fries. Just don't even get started on the ketchup or he won't eat the fries anymore and just suck off the red stuff.

tracie said...

Oh, I remember that stage of almost crawling. Ty looks like he's about to launch himself forward.

Michaela said...

Yum, In and Out fries are soo yummy!
He's getting SO close to crawling! Wow, he's growing so fast!

Will said...

By the way, that first pic is such a great Meathead one! i can imagine the accompanying grunt