Anyway we are all back from the DEAD. First the kids got sick then they lovingly passed it on to Matt and I. So we were camping out on the couches in our sweats for a while there. Luckily (Matt's first time EVER) our nasty colds coincided NICELY with March Madness so there were some good games to watch while we waited for our heads to explode and put us out of our misery. Lucky too that my Mom snagged Ty all week so we could just be try to get well rather than taking care of him. What perfect timing!
Wednesday, before the cold set up camp in my sinuses I made THREE delectable pies for Pi Day. I made S'mores (SUPER RICH but if you are a chocolate lover this one is for you, plus it was really easy to make) Lemon Cream (Martha's Recipe, I LOVE Lemon so this was right up my alley. The cream balanced out the tartness of the lemon perfectly. I am not a big Meringue fan so the cream was a good substitute too) and an Amish Apple Pie (Kristin's recipe, always a crowd-pleaser. I didn't have any but I heard it was fantastic.)
I had Matt bring them to work that day and only a few slices were eaten! WHAT? Usually the treats I make for his work are devoured! Turns out almost everyone is on a diet to be summer ready and were super tempted. I am pleased that they resisted. Matt doesn't need to be the co-worker that makes everyone pack on the pounds because his wife is constantly making treats.
I brought the rest of the pies to Young Women's Youth Group that night and told them all about our Pi Day celebration. It was fun and the girls gobbled up the pie pretty fast. I only had one slice of Apple and two slices of Lemon left. Turns out S'mores was the only one Matt wanted and I didn't save him a piece! Sorry Matt!
Okay so here are some random Pictures...
Drop ONE Chocolate chip on the floor and this is what your Sous Chef will look like...
Then she notices the camera,
Then she throws a wave and a cute smile hoping for more :)
While Ty was gone we missed him a ton! We are so glad he is back and it was nice to spend Saturday with my parents.
Yesterday after church was a PJ's kinda day... can you tell what movie we were watching?
Also this is what we see alot of around these parts, she is on the verge I tell you! It's weird once Ty decides to do something (like walking or crawling) he just does it and doesn't go back. Maylee just tries when she wants then wont for a while, then will, then wont... we'll see when she decides she wants to walk 100% of the time. I thought it would have been sooner than now.
This isn't a great video of her trying, she noticed the camera out too soon. I tried to be sneaky and it didn't work.
Then she just wanted to play for the camera.
In other news I can't believe the lady turns ONE on Saturday... I am mulling over plans in my head on what I want to do. It's tricky now that we don't have a ton of family around to invite over for Cake and Ice Cream on a moments notice.




5 comments:
Oh shes so close to walking! I'm glad you guys are feeling better! Bummer that you have been so sick! And yum those pies look good! Especially that smores one!!
-michaela
Pride and prejudice?
I will have to try and make that Lemon pie, sounds delish!
Such cute videos of Maylee! Can't believe she will be one!
Maylee is at such a cute age. Definitely has a girlie voice.
Yummm. Those pies look so good!
I wonder how Maylee did while Ty was gone. The house sounded kind of quiet...
Post a Comment