Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Weekend Part 2

Sunday we went to church and learned what I talked about in yesterdays TMT: Stand Up post.

Afterwards we had the Schmidts over for an early dinner seeing as which it was Fast Sunday and we're all starved right after church. It was SO good! My mom made steaks, homemade bread, homemade Strawberry Jam and Fruit Salad. Jacque made pasta with fresh veggies from their garden. Matt made grilled pineapple and I made grilled peaches. (i'll post that recipe soon) Pretty sure we GORGED ourselves with that meal.

Afterwards we settled down to watch the new Gulliver's Travels movie, it had its funny parts but it wasn't great... Maybe 2 1/2 out of 5 stars...

Then Shane noticed my Dad had all the Lord of the Rings on Blu-Ray so in went Return of the King! While the movie was on most of the kids went outside to play.
Matt, Bree, LJ and Hal all played a bit of backyard whiffle ball. Ty just ran around and pretended to play. I will tell you Halley (the one running into Matt's arms) had QUITE the crush on Matt by the end of the weekend and started to get jealous when Matt payed attention to anyone but her. It was cute I thought... Matt may have been a titch smothered however. Ehh, reminds me of the good ole days when Bre had a big crush on Jordan :)
Matt fielded Bree's hit and was waiting for her attempt at first base.
Ty still hasn't figured out my name is Mickie. Halley said "Mickie record me!" so Ty thought she was talking about Mickey Mouse. It will be funny one day when he realizes my name is the same as one of his favorite cartoon characters. Ironically, Halley didn't end up in that clip, however Matt's constant teasing of Bree and LJ did. 
While Ty was outside briefly, Evan and Matt played with the train set inside.

That evening we roasted more Marshmallows and Starbursts in the fire pit.

Monday morning Matt, Dad, Shane, and Jeff Dunn all went golfing, and when they got home we went shooting...

CHECK OUT OUR SHOTS!!!!
Matt is holding up his wallet and credit card to show his "money shot"
Now his perfect shot resides on the inside of his wallet.

I was MIGHTY proud of this shot for sure. I also shot that really tight group on that top left target too. This was with a .22 at 75 yards or so, not amazing but good for me! Matt and I have been watching a ton of Top Shot on the History channel so shooting has been even MORE fun for us.

Afterwards we had a BBQ at my parents house with friends. We all went swimming then ate the yummy food.
Ty enjoying a one of Trina's famous rolls and Grandma Kay.
Matt and Ty munching on BBQ Chicken right after the pool.
Maylee hung out inside mostly...
Until my Dad went in and stole her to come outside after a little while.

We had to drive home that night. It's always a bummer to leave. While we were pulling away and my Dad was waving, Ty yelled "BYE BYE POPPY!!!" HAHA Matt and I cracked up, he's called him that one time previous. We don't know where he got it but we think it's great.

Ty didn't get a nap all day so he slept the whole way home, Maylee did too. When we got back Ty was up for about 45 minutes and went back to bed. He didn't wake up the next morning until 9:52. He was tired! We play hard at Grandpa and Grandma's house!

It's always a good time visiting and I am so thrilled we get to do it so often. It doesn't take much to get us down there. :)  Matt and I are even more excited for next spring when Nate and his family live there too. The more family the better!

5 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

Fun pics! Sounds like you ate some yummy feasts over the labor day weekend. James doesn't know our names either, even Madeline's. He's always called her "sissy". The other day he was talking about her and said, "Madowin"...Madeline and I looked at each other and she smiled and whispered "he said my name". When Stephen and I told James our first names he said, "oh come on!". LOL To our kids we are just ma and dadda,

Um did you write you roasted starbursts? candy? is this something new?

I see Top Shots on Netflix and often wonder if it's a good show. Nice shots you guys.

I bet you guys are really loving living so much closer to your parents. I bet your siblings are jealous. I wish we lived closer to our parents. Cherish those trips and memories!

Will said...

Yes, we're a little jealous but we definitely get our fill of awesome grandparents because they are so nice.

Kay said...

Yep, Halley was pretty funny!
My mouth is watering, just reading about that yummy Sunday dinner! It was scrumptious!

Don't worry Wu's it's football season. See ya in a week and a half after I spent a few days with the other grandkids!!

Kristin said...

I still can't believe how big Maylee is getting! You guys live to far away :(

Those Schmidt girls always have a thing for those older Spences

Michaela said...

What a fun weekend! I love all the pics! And wow Ty is SUCH a good swimmer I love it!!