Monday, September 19, 2011

Raft time

The other weekend we blew up my parents old raft that they gave to us and took it out to the lake. 
Pumping up the raft

May and I stayed on shore while Matt and Ty took it out for a spin. 
Hanging out in the middle of the lake. 
Ty wanted Matt to paddle after the ducks
Love Maylee's tongue action... uhh and don't mind that her swimsuit is a bit big and comes down way too far in the front... haha
Maylee now recognizes when the camera is out and she smiles, pretty cute. 
Matt and Ty safely on shore

It was pretty fun. I just need to learn how to turn down my crazy nervousness. Every time I am pregnant I have a dream that my unborn child is going to drown as an infant. Yeah a little creepy. BUT once I get over that and make sure both my kids are safe I can relax a little around the water. 

Ty enjoying a Go-Gurt
Ty liked chasing the ducks, they were much faster then he on the rocks.

We do need to pick up a kid life jacket for Ty, I wasn't too keen on the one he was sporting since it was made for an adult. 

Next year we'll probably go a few more times I think :) Good trial run for this summer though. 

6 comments:

Kristin said...

What a great family outing!

Suzanne said...

Dang! That looks like the 4 man raft. We will have to switch next time we are together... :)

Spence Ohana said...

We invested in kid life jackets for the kids for when we're out on the river and lakes. You can get them for pretty inexpensive at Walmart.

Cute pics - what a fun day!

Will said...

That does look pretty fun. I'm sad that I missed the Bragg rafting days.

steve said...

Where was those pictures shot? Beautiful river. Ty looks like a water guy.

Chrissie said...

How fun! I bet life jackets will be on sale right about now too.