Monday, September 12, 2011

Excuse the mess

No not here on the blog, but at our house. I have gone through an entire bottle of carpet cleaner and done about 20 loads of laundry in the last 5 days, why you ask?

Potty training. The hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life, and believe me I have done some pretty hard stuff.

Of three things I am absolutely certain of:
1. You can not force your child to do anything.
2. My Ty and his Daddy are much alike in personality.
3. One needs more then 8 pair of underwear for the little tyke when they're trying to potty train.

We started Wednesday and our first success was last night. He went in the potty for Matt. No success yet this morning and 3 pairs of underwear later it's hard not to be discouraged.

I figure he'll get it when he gets it. Until then i'll be doing laundry and cleaning the carpets, forgive me that the blog has been on the back burner.

Pretty sure I have some sheets to go wash and a bathroom or two that need cleaning.

Say a little prayer for us.

4 comments:

steve said...

LOL This is such a funny post. He'll catch on soon enough. Oh the blessings of staying at home.

Kristin said...

I bet your carpets have never been this clean. Mom actually bought another pack of underwear for Jason when he was training. I only had the 8-10 you had. I am glad that I just have one more to go and that won't be for at least a year or two.

Will said...

Does Matt think that Ty's like him in that regard? Kristin always said the same thing about me and I didn't find it very nice. I definitely hope that he figures it out soon, for everyone's sanity!

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

Neither of my boys were trained until they were pretty close to three. I would re-introduce the idea every so often, and when they were ready- it was a done deal. My girls were so much easier- that K told me no more diapers two days after we brought S home from the hospital- and that was it. She did have an accident or two when she was busier- but after 4 kids- when they are really ready- it is a piece of cake. Good Luck- and I would suggest pullups that let him feel when he is wet for naps and bed time at least.