Monday, June 27, 2011

Lately we have been

with random flavors of syrup mixed in...

making hair bows for the newest Spence cousin due July 12th, but really any day now...
Look Ty, you can help make hair bows, but don't touch anything!
Okay I guess you can touch that...
What a good helper you are...
making homemade Strawberry Jam, the strawberries here are amazing, straight off the farm...
This is straight from the freezer so it looks a little funny, boy is it tasty.
baking cookies for Matt to bring to work and brown nose the bosses...

baking yummy warm homemade bread to eat with said fresh jam, again for Matt to bring to work to brown nose different bosses...
This is what the little lady does while Ty and I bake
BBQ'ing EVERYTHING, Chicken, Steak, Pineapple to name a few...

going up for one night of the ward camp out, Ty was in heaven and ran around like a mad man, I need to brush up on my botany because apparently poison oak, poison ivy and stinging nettle run rampant here and I can't remember what it looks like...

preparing lessons for church, Matt was just called to teach the 15-16 year old Sunday School class. Fun right? It's the biggest class I guess and just Matt is the teacher. Maybe payback for his "fun" teenage years...
Ty likes to take baths with Maylee, yes risky I know... I am always on defense!
Doing tons of yard work...
One tree before,

Tree after...
Forgot to take a before of the tree on the right that I swear is sick and dying anyway... oh and yes that is our serial killer shed right in the middle of the back yard.
preparing for Matt's 28th birthday on Wednesday, go ahead send him a card, e-mail or text telling him Happy Birthday!

preparing for our trip down to Medford for the 4th of July, can't wait to get some good summer heat and swimming in.

preparing for Matt to go to his cousins wedding in Iowa, he can't wait to see all his family there in July.
reading a ton of books to the kids from the library, Matt is reading Porter Rockell's Biography and I am reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett

lots of disc golfing and sneezing and scratching from crazy allergies...

So yes, we are busy this summer... we wish the weather was more summer like but we'll get used to it. We've had a few nice days and hopefully through July and August we'll see many MANY more. :)

8 comments:

Kristin said...

I think I might need you to bring down som of that ribbon when you come :)

Looks like a lot of fun! And brown nosing!

Will said...

I think I would enjoy the Portland weather. Just imagining it in November will make my day.

steve said...

Congrats Matt on teaching 15-16yr. olds. He can use his Brother Braden's blog to inspire the guys and maybe the girls to serve a mission. Maylee is adorable. Now if you can hook up her Skyp so she can see her grandpa spence she will be happier.

Suzanne said...

Sad we will miss the 4th of July events in OR. We will have fun with the Reading side instead! :) Love the syrup btw.

Spence Ohana said...

Love all the random syrup! Sounds like y'all are making the most of your new home. Looking forward to seeing Matt in Iowa!

Kay said...

Hey, I just made strawberry freezer jam too with Strawberries from the garden. We have a TON of tiny berries, but they taste yummy! Oh I made Strawberry cheese cake dessert yesterday too.

Brown nosing is always good!

If that bounce thing last a year with Matt and Ty playing with it, I'll be surprised!

Ringo said...

Leaves of three... Stay away from me!

Michaela said...

I love all the bows you made for my little one :) So excited to use them! And one in EVERY color, yay! Isn't it so fun making accessories with a 2yr old. So many fun things for them to play with: scissors, lighter, needles, hot glue gun, ribbon to unravel :) hahaha

Sounds like you guys are keeping busy :) I loved Help. The ending was the best! Hope you enjoy it!