We got it all figured out, things calmed down and we survived the day. The best part of that whole fiasco though was that I was able to hand of Ty (who had been napless and super grouchy) off on my husband who can take care of him. He is the ward clerk and if you ask him its the best calling of them all! Well it has it's down sides but the upside is much greater he says. All I know is he's able to take Ty anytime in his office with him while he is getting stuff done or after he is done with stuff he can come in and help me! :)
What I am extremely grateful for and honestly count as a huge tender mercy is the fact that one mom, seeing we were short handed and with out keys to anything, ran home and ransacked her house for Fruit Loops, Animal Crackers, little Dixie cups, Napkins and hand sanitizer. Such a life saver, that would have been the longest 2 hours of my life with out that! It was so helpful and different then the usual dump off the kid and run away from Nursery attitude. She saw we were in trouble and helped where we couldn't. Oh and there was also another sweet mom who stayed and helped then came back after the other leader needed to leave 20 minutes early. It could have been just me in there!
Second is something that isn't necessarily directly involved with me, but I still feel like it needs to be said. There has been a tragedy that has affected the last few days to make me, and many MANY others think about life a little differently. A family from our ward back home had a son in Flight school at Utah Valley University. Something went wrong with his plane during training and he and his instructor crashed, neither survived the crash. David was the oldest in his family and only 25, he was married this time last year to a darling girl from Mexico that speaks little English. My mom says that our ward back home is doing everything and anything that the Whitney family would need help with during this trying time. My mom was able to attend the memorial service for him here in Utah since she wont be home to make the funeral on Wednesday. She said the place was packed and it was kind of happy instead of sad remembering this amazing persons life.
Here is the news story:
Video Courtesy of KSL.com
I knew him, but very little. All I remember was that he knew his stuff when it came to the gospel (he was in my seminary class my senior year) and he had a smile on his face all the time. My younger brother dated his sister, his younger sister has babysat Ty once and my mom sees his mom numerous times each week at the exercise classes she leads. I'll admit after really thinking about the situation that his wife is left in (Where will she live? What will she do? She had a marriage visa, will she have to be deported now that her American husband has passed?), how his siblings feel or how it would feel to be a parent a lose a child like this I cried. It's devastating and heart breaking for this family and they are taking it quite well. Like I have said before, I have never had to really deal with death. No one close to me has died and I don't know how I'll react to it. Hopefully I can be strong and understanding. This situation has really brought new light to the Thanksgiving week having me really understand how important every moment with family and friends can be. I am so thankful for their health and safety and I pray for it daily. It's also comforting to know that during a tragedy like this there are so many people back home and here in Utah that can rally together to help one of their own. It's amazing what people are helping out with. I wish I could do more then just pray, but that is equally important as well, there is so much power in prayer.
2 comments:
Sorry to hear about the headache in nursery and David's accident. My heart goes out to his family and those wonderful ladies who rise to the call.
What a tragic accident. It does make you ponder about life and not knowing how long you have here on Earth.
I'm glad others saw that you needed help at your church nursery. It's such a blessing when others step in to help without having to ask.
Post a Comment