So last night for Young Women's we made Apple Butter. There wasn't enough for the leaders to take home so I got home and thought Heck why don't I make some. So I had Suzanne and Nate run me down to Smiths to buy some Apples.
Here's the deal, You get about uhhh 7-8 apples skin them and cut them up into about 1/2 inch pieces and put them in your Crock Pot along with 1-2 cups sugar (depending on how many apples you want/have) and 2 tsp Cinnamon and 1 tsp Crushed Cloves. Then you let it cook for 8 hours on low. I came down this morning to a very festive smelling house, and I mashed up my apples. I turned off the crock pot and now I am letting it cool and sit so its not so runny. I'll try it tonight and let you all know how it turns out tomorrow. I made a lot so many of you I will make try it... :) HAHA ohhh and also while I was making it last night I filled a little pot with water and put my apple peelings in it with sprinkles of Nutmeg, Cloves, and Cinnamon and let it boil. That made my house smell really good last night as well. Ohh how fun is this season! ( Really I ran out of festive smelling candles and I wanted my house to smell good)
Anyways my grandparents come back from Peru today so during lunch I get to go see them at the Airport! Yay!
5 comments:
Yum, I've got a great recipe that calls for Apple Butter - it's for beef ribs. Hope your grandparents have a safe flight home.
I am jealous that you get to see my Mom & Dad. Thankfully, Thanksgiving isn't too far away. :)
Too bad I wasn't there to help. I'm a great peeler!
I hope you had a peeler? If you didn't come here next time and you can borrow one of ours.
Again... no syrup. I would appreciate if you put a little more effort into your blogs Mickie... haha
Post a Comment