Where have we been all this time you ask? We went to Utah! The kids and I drove down to my parents house on Tuesday last week and rented a Minivan (Thanks Melissa and Steve!) and drove out to Utah with my parents on Wednesday. The drive was a little rough, we got pulled over for going 78 in a 70 in the middle of no where Nevada (no ticket just a warning - thankful for that) AND with about 3 hours left Maylee got sick and lost it, everywhere, every 30 minutes or so.
That night I stayed up with her almost all night, my mom came and got her from me at about 3 when she had nothing left inside her little body and she did was dry heave. Just what you want while on vacation, one of your children to be ridiculously sick! All day Thursday Maylee begged for food and water. We would give her teeny bits of water and she would puke it back up with in minutes.
Thank goodness for everyone helping me with Maylee and the other kids because I don't think I would have made it. I was exhausted and so was May.
My Mom and Dad were gone most of the day at BYU. My Dad gave a presentation to the MPA students in a forum and went out to lunch. My cousin also came over while Maylee was napping to cut and color my hair. SO AWESOME! I love it, she's the best.
Thursday night Matt flew in, I went and picked him up and he took the night shift with the girls. He fed Emma and took care of Maylee, she still couldn't keep down anything, not even water. I finally decided to take her in to insta-care Friday morning. They saw her and knew that she wouldn't be able to be admitted to be seen there. They took all her vitals and the nurse and Dr. discussed the situation then they decided we should take her to the hospital to have her stay there and get an IV with fluids. Poor girl was SERIOUSLY dehydrated! Insta-care was awesome they didn't even charge me for the visit since they couldn't help her there. I called Matt and he said to pick up some pedialyte and bring her home.
Kristin and I bought some Pedialyte and gave some to May, she kept it down then we gave her a little more and a little more every hour or so. She eventually got her appetite back and started feeling MUCH better. I was really worried about her but Matt was confident things would get better. We were all very happy to see Maylee on the upswing.
Now we get to the pictures! Friday I finally busted out my camera. My Dad installed a bathroom fan in the Wu's Master Bath and the kids all played while we hung out at home.
Sierra, Mom, Maylee and Emma.
Silly Sierra picture
Sweet Baby Emma sleeping.
Elena after lunch!
Late Thursday evening a big storm rolled in and dumped about 8 inches of snow. Ty was SUPER excited about the snow and so he and Sierra went out and played in the snow for about an hour. They kept refusing gloves until the very end they finally agreed to wear some. Ty and Sierra played VERY well with one another this weekend.
Suzanne and Preston took half days off from work and came down. I HAD to post this picture. I laughed so hard, McKinley looks freaked out, Sierra's eyes are closed and what is Ty doing with his tongue? Oh and nice Mom, try to get out of the picture.
That one is a little better, all though McKinley is still a little worried I think.
Hanging out before dinner.
For dinner we went to SLAB Pizza, where Colton works. They have really interesting flavors of pizza there and you order per slab, which is a fourth of a large pizza, so 2 large slices really. I ordered the Chili Verde (Pulled Pork, Salsa, Sour Cream -HOLD the Cilantro bleck) Mine was SUPER good. I only could finish one piece though and gave the other to Matt.
After such a long day of playing hard with his cousins and especially playing in the snow Ty didn't get a nap. He fell asleep on our way to dinner and slept the ENTIRE time we were at dinner in the corner, on the cold cement floor. HA!
Matt ordered the Super Meats pizza. He really liked his too, but he said he liked mine better :)
Yeah, guess who got her appetite back big time! My mom and I were trying to feed her a little dinner roll. Thinking that would be a light mild something in her tummy considering just that morning a Doctor suggested we take her to the hospital. Oh no, all she wanted was PIZZA and Matt kept feeding it to her. Matt said, "Talk about pulling the pin and holding on to the grenade!" I told him she was sitting by him the rest of the night, Pizza coming back up wouldn't be the best.
May snagged my Dad's hat and sported it around for a while. She never did get sick again... eesh! Pizza as a recovery food!
After dinner we went over to BYU Men's Basketballs season opener in the Marriott center. It was awesome. I MAY have ALMOST shed a little tear while watching the opening theatrics. Man I miss going to all those games. We went with the whole family. Ty finally woke up and ate what Maylee was supposed to eat for dinner.
Maddy, Jason, Mom and Maylee.
Sierra, Elena and Kristin. Sierra and Elena were chanting BYU BYU the second they walked in the doors. The people in front of us enjoyed their little cheering. I don't know how I missed taking a picture of Suzanne, Preston and McKinley at the game... or Will or Colton or my Dad, WAIT that is my Dad's shoulder, does that count?
Anyway it was a great game, BYU won and it was a fun long day. Tomorrow i'll post about the rest of the weekend. I'm up to my eyeballs in laundry around here so I've got to go!
7 comments:
Oh my gosh, this really makes me crave some Slab pizza. We loved that place! The Pulled pork pizza and the buffalo chicken pizza was so so good. MMMM. Tell them to open one in Ohio. :) It is so far away!
I am soo happy we got to see you guys! Emma is so cute. :)
What a great weekend. I am excited for next week!
Ummm, I must have been your photography assistant because I didn't end up in a single photo either. Was I even in UT?
Ditto on the laundry over here too!
Can't believe the cops pulled you over for going 78! Glad you didn't get a ticket.
Poor Maylee, that must have NOT been fun. Good to hear she got better though.
Sounds like you had a great time with the fam!
Poor Maylee! That is the last thing you want to be dealing with on vacation! Looks like it was fun otherwise. Did you feel a bit homesick for Utah?
Love all the pictures! Looks like you guys had fun! But poor Maylee! I guess it was a blessing you didn't end up having to take her to the hospital! Poor girl! So glad she's better!
Post a Comment