Thursday, November 1, 2012

Costco size syrup post!!!

Here is a whopper of a post people, buckle up it's gonna be a crazy ride. (Not really)  

 Emma wore her Halloween Sleeper yesterday. She's been getting some good play time and tummy time in on her play mat. She has even been batting at her toys, now I am not sure if it's intentional or not but I think it's cute. 
 Ty tries to convince Matt and I that he doesn't need naps. Regardless of his feelings we tell him he needs to go and stay in his room for a few hours and play quietly and when he gets tired (if he does) to hop in bed. This day he didn't quite make it to his bed. Many a times he barely makes it into his bed and is half hanging out of it. 

 We've been working more and more on letter recognition and writing letters with Ty. I had seemingly been getting no where with Ty then one day he asked Matt to help him with his letters and he gets a ton of them. Then Matt showed him how to write a few. T and Y of course, which he loved. The next night Matt showed him how to write CAT. Then the next morning Ty woke me up to show me what he was working on. LOOK AT THAT! My kid is so smart! I thought it was fantastic that he remembered what Matt showed him the night previous. For the record the next day he told me that he wrote CAT again but really it was ACT. He knows how to write a V too. Next i'm working on S so he can't start to write his last name too. 
 Maylee's hair is getting longer. The other day was my first attempt at a pony tail. It's almost long enough everywhere except a little hair on the sides and some of the front. It didn't stay in very long.
 It was cute while it lasted. Notice the apple? Maylee and Ty LOVE Apples. When we were down in Medford my Dad and Ty picked all the Fuji apples off their tree and my mom sent me home with two huge bags. 
 It took me a week to get around to doing it, but I busted out my Apple peeler slicer corer (thanks again Kristin for the excellent birthday gift) and went to town making Apple Pie filling. Ty loved turning the crank to help me. 
 Maylee just ate all the apples that were too small. 
 Yes, that is a different apple. I have to hide the fruit bowl on the table or I will find that every piece of fruit mostly apples have little bite marks all over them and she so kindly puts them back in the bowl. The other day at the grocery store she bit into an Avocado we had in the cart and started sucking out the insides. Matt caught her with green lips and hands. I guess we should just be grateful she likes to eat such healthy foods. 
The fruits of my labors. Thanks again for the apples mom! I can't wait for some Apple Crisp and Ice Cream (i'll indulge once I lose a little more baby weight... such a battle this time of year to avoid the good stuff and keep on track!) 
 In other news Matt PASSED!!! What you ask? He passed his Series 65 test to secure his promotion. Now he is able to take on as many clients as he can handle and move forward with his training. This test is a beast. Matt said it's pretty much the equivalent of the BAR exam for Lawyers, well a portion since there are quite a few different Series tests one can take in the Finance industry. Matt just needed this one. He studied for months, Monday-Friday almost the entire time he was at work and even at home quite a bit too. He took the test the first time the day before Emma was born and just barely failed. (Hmm a little distracted maybe?) So he had to wait another 4 weeks to take it again. He tested yesterday morning and passed with flying colors. We are SO happy for him! He studied his tail off!  Can you tell how wiped out he is? He was going to work out then I found him like this a few minutes later. 
 Lastly Ty found this Mustache in our random junk drawer. He thought it was funny so he put it on Maylee. I died laughing I think she looks like the Lorax! 
 Ty looked pretty funny too. 
Then he tried out the Uni-brow and I thought that was HILARIOUS too. Kids are great to have around. You never know what they'll come up with next. 

There you have it! The latest and greatest in our home. 

4 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

Great post! Congrats Matt on passing your test! I love Fuji apples. Madeline does too, but James hates pretty much all fruits and vegetables. Although he said he tried an apple at school the other day and that he liked it. :)

Kristin said...

Haha That is awesome! Love the mustache!

Kay said...

The uni-brow picture actually got me to laugh out loud!

Jordan said...

Way to go Matthew!!! Those are some funny kids!!