Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Reception!

The sealing at the Temple in Newport Beach Temple that morning was simply perfect. The weather was perfect all of the family was there. The kids were taken care of, (Thanks again Steph, Ray and Linda, sorry my son is such a stinker sometimes)  and the actual ceremony inside the sealing room was awesome. The Bride and Groom were GLOWING and I struggled to hold back the tears, you know to save the re-application of make-up process. I'll tell you though the kleenex box was being passed around quite a bit. 

The photographer and a few others took pictures outside the temple, of course referring back to the first post, I THOUGHT I forgot my camera, turns out it was in the car the whole time. UGH lame maybe if I ever get my hands on some i'll post them later. If not you'll just have to believe me how lovely it all was. 

After the sealing in the morning we all went over to Aliva's El Ranchito Mexican Restaurant for lunch, by recommendation of the Bride's family. We had 80 people there and they catered it PERFECTLY for us and OH MY was the food good. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE, if you ever see one of those places... GO it's SO GOOD! My mom was very pleased to have chosen such a good place to have lunch. (Most of the time the Grooms side hosts a Rehearsal dinner the night before but we did it right after the morning sealing and the reception instead) 

Then we went back to our hotels to let kids sleep before the reception that evening and Matt and Ty snuck over to the beach. I am not sure which beach it was... it was only about a mile from our hotel. 

The reception was at Sea Cliff Country Club in Huntington Beach where Maddy is from. It was a lovely location! 

 I was trying to figure out the settings on my camera... Kristin and Will were the victims.
 Preston, doing what he does best, eating treats :)
 Right after Dinner with Maylee.
 Colton and Maddy "met" over otter pops so they decided to make the colors of their wedding Otter Pop colors and have Otter Pops at their reception. The kids LOVED that. We were the Green Family.
 Hd and Britany and their kids were all in Orange.
 Making funny faces on the I-phone, Preston and Suzanne were the Red family.
 H, Brit and Baby Dean.
 Enjoying the reception and the yummy food and treats they had. They had really good Cheesecake, Cupcakes, and a CANDY buffet too. I think every kid was in HEAVEN. 
 Awe, what a great couple we are right.


 Let the DANCING BEGIN! Maylee really got into it as you can see. I didn't know she knew how to dance until this night. She was shaking it with the best of them, look how excited she is!
 Kristin (as you can see from the Pink family) and my Mom (in the purple family) led the kids in a few games.
 My Dad enjoying the general splendor of the evening.
 Observing the cake cutting.
 The Bride and Groom cutting the cake!
 Yippee! How exciting. Sorry people I didn't edit any of these pictures so just deal with Maddy's red eye okay... haha

The Bride and Grooms first dance. Maylee kept crashing the party so Matt had to hold her back. Colton and Maddy are SUCH a perfect couple.
 Daddy Daughter dance joined by the Groom and his Mother :) 

They asked the Family of the Bride and Groom to come out and dance for the first song. I am no dancer, ESPECIALLY while pregnant. Matt was a little shy too (which is funny since he is such a GOOD dancer...) but eventually we all made it out on the floor.
 The dance floor started getting full.

The dance floor was packed the rest of the night. At one point "Baby" by Justin Bieber was played and Ty thought it was HIS song and that it was so cool that everyone ELSE knew his song. He was so excited. 

 Baylee started collecting corsages from all of us to wear herself.
 Maylee LOVED getting down on the dance floor.
 Ty and Matt also danced the night away.
 Maylee was seriously pooped by about 8 or so, Matt made a makeshift bed out of chairs and a blanket out of his suit coat and she slept the last hour and a half we were there. I was amazed since it was SO loud in there.
Matt and Ty dancing at the end of the reception.

It was a FANTASTIC day with the Bride and Groom and all of the family. We are so pleased that Colton found Maddy and somehow convinced her to marry him haha. She is top notch and we love her, she is perfect fit for Colton and in our family!

1 comment:

Spence Ohana said...

What a fun day! Wow so she is from our home town! Well both Stephen and I grew up in Fountain Valley next to HB, but our first apartment when we got married was in HB. We even considered that same place for our wedding reception!

I love the otter pop theme! And it looks like fun was had by all!