Thursday, July 12, 2012

Crater Lake

A few weeks back, on our way home from Medford we went to Crater Lake with the family, well... our family and the Ritter family, who is now Colton's family so our family-ish too I guess, loosely related.

ANYWAY we made a few stops along the way, like to the Fish Hatchery that we used to go rafting from down the Rogue river and look at all the HUGE fish... I asked my Dad how big the fish were pointing to one he guessed it was about 65 lbs. Seriously these salmon get big.

Nathan, Mom, Colton, Brian, Helen and Jeffery (with random lady in background)
Ty climbing on the rocks.
Elena and Dad
Sierra checking out the water

After our quick Fish Hatchery Stop we stopped again at the mouth of the Rogue... well I think that's what it was. I am not quite sure but I had never stopped there before. It was lovely!

Matt and Maylee
Colton and Brian
Ty and Colton (Ty is Colton's mini-me for sure)
Ty, Mom Colton and Brian
Cool waterfall at the top of the little hike.
Nathan, Jeffrey, Ty, Sierra and Maddy

Then we made it to Crater Lake. Ty was pretty excited to see snow, but I think the MOST excited person was Jeffrey, Maddy's youngest brother who is 8. I hear they don't see a lot of snow down near Hunington Beach haha. He kept slipping and falling then he'd brag about it. "I'm soaking wet! I've fallen 3 times now!" haha Cute kid.
Colton, Ty and Nathan
Jason, Jeffrey and Sierra
Ty
The whole fam, view from the top. 
View of Wizard Island 
Kristin, Jason, Elena, Ty, Colton and Brian
Maddy, Maylee and Helen

The lake was really fun to visit. Matt had never been there before. The drive to and from was gorgeous as well. We were glad we could squeeze in one more fun activity on the way home to Washington.

2 comments:

Kay said...

Beautiful drive, beautiful weather, good food and friends, what more could you ask for?

Will said...

Oh man, seeing such beautiful nature made me want to throw a disc with Matt!