Ty and Maylee love to play with one another and take good care of one another. It definitely helps me remember that the whole grand scheme of things is all God's plan. God knew that Ty should come first to take care of his little sister(s) and that he needed a little sister like Maylee to help him along the way too.
Ty is the BEST sharing brother I have ever seen. Most of the time I don't even have to ask and he is already sharing what I have given him with Maylee. Of course sometimes he doesn't want to share and sometimes I don't want him to share (i.e. any dairy... but more on that later)
I always try to give Ty and Maylee a bowl of fruit to eat with their lunches. It's to the point where I don't bother separating it into two bowls because I know Ty will be feeding Maylee as quickly as he can put it in his own mouth, and Maylee LOVES it!When Ty is using the bathroom she waits outside the door holding his underwear and pants to give to him. Or if we are getting ready for bed she'll pick up his pajamas before she gets hers on. She knows what toys he likes to play with so she'll bring them to him. She'll go get her blanket AND his at bedtime and bring his to him. Ty is also an expert hair bow or pacifier finder for Maylee and makes sure she is armed with one or both at all times. It's just the cutest thing to watch them interact with one another.
They frequently wrestle and roll around on the floor with one another, Ty chases May and she runs (which is really a haphazard walk) away. They can get one another laughing harder than anyone else can. Ty is still her little protector too. He keeps her safe and in line most of the time. I think it's funny when Maylee is crying in the back seat to get out of the car and Ty looks at her and says "Maylee, Relax." funny thing is, she usually does.
Boy do they love one another and I love even more that they love one another. It makes being their Mom a ton easier. I am hoping, wishing, thinking and praying #3 fits right on in with the sibling love.
D&C 136:11 And if ye do this with a pure heart, in all faithfulness, ye shall be blessed; you shall be blessed in your flocks, and in your herds, and in your fields, and in your houses, and in your families.
I'm feeling the blessings and soaking them up, because I know that in about 11 or 12 years things may or may not be hearts and flowers for these siblings... but you can bet i'll be trying to make sure it stays this way for a LONG time.
4 comments:
Wow that's like a dream brother/sister sibling relationship right there! You'd be horrified to hear how Madeline and James treat one another most of the time. LOL Maybe it's because Ty and Maylee are closer in age that they get along so well. That truly is a blessing for you guys!
Well, lately Elena has been giving luvs to her Sierra on her own after hurting her. That's something, eh?
That is so wonderful how sweet they are with one another! I'm pretty sure that's not the norm. Calin was great with Capri, but it's been going down hill since she started walking.
You do have the sweetest kids. I'm sure they got their tenderness from their mother.
Post a Comment