Monday, May 7, 2012

Sheer Random Fun

I have been trying to have Ty help me with my responsibilities lately. It's difficult but good to teach him. This day we were mopping. I had already mopped that section but maybe he didn't think I did a good enough job?


 I told him it was slippery, he realized just how slippery it was.
 He also helps me fold the laundry sometimes. Usually I let him work on his clothes only but this time he insisted on helping with Daddy's work shirts. I showed him how to hang them properly then went to go put some clothes away and I found the shirts like this, PERFECT! I thought it was so cute. He was proud to help too.
 Maylee thinks the camera is fun, I hadn't focused yet and she was already beaming so I had to keep this one in.
 Then of course she flopped on the floor and started rolling around.

Maylee is getting good about playing in her room. She loves this toy that she got from her friends for her birthday. 

 I don't know why it's so cute to me but Ty likes to take naps in his shirt and underwear. I know he is going to LOVE this picture in about 20 years :)
Ty always has Matt or me read stories to him. I read them to him all day but he has a certain few he likes before bed. They change occasionally, right now he likes The Eye Book and he can practically read it to you. He usually does it almost word for word. I finnaly got it on video, well sort of, just listen you can't see much.
Also we have been doing a ton of Spring clean up in our yard the last few weeks. Lots of weeding, mowing, whacking and digging... Ty goes out there with us and hunts for.... you guessed it.... WORMS! It's gross but he loves it. He'll go out back, dig up worms and put them in his pocket. He comes inside to show me all the time. Usually it's a family, the Daddy, Mommy and Baby worm. That one is all boy I tell you.
For the record the worm wasn't dead... It was just playing dead because he was tired of a two year old bugging him. Ty found him his "family" soon after and made sure they stayed together.

Oh and one more thing, yesterday was Matt and I's 6 year anniversary. Isn't that fantastic? We spent it going to church, hanging out with Nate, Kelly and the kids who were visiting, BBQ'ing and making a Mother's Day craft for mine and Kelly's presents. I thought Mother's Day was yesterday too, then I was corrected by Nate that morning... funny. So Matt and I kept joking it was Mother's Day anyway and we would treat next Sunday like a normal Sunday. HAHA Even saying prayers last night Matt said "and today on Mother's Day we're grateful for all mothers and especially Mickie." I burst out laughing while he was praying. So yeah Mom. Happy Mother's Day yesterday!!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Tell Ty it is ok He sleeps in his underwear for naps. Will takes his pants off to nap too :)

Spence Ohana said...

Those pics and videos were great! I especially liked how Ty hung his dad's shirts and his napping one is too cute.

You know we have Madeline's big day this Saturday and up until recently I didn't even realize it was Mother's Day the following day!

Wow I can't believe it's been 6 years already...time flies!

tracie said...

Those WA worms are huge. And in the pocket??? Gross. Good thing our CO worms are much smaller than that. Can't wait for Connor to get to that stage.