Friday, November 14, 2008

Apples

Last night I made apple pie filling, man I appreciate those peeling coring slicing things that Kristin and Grandma have. I was so tired of peeling and coring and slicing by the end of the night. I had 8 Apples 2 different types, one type was granny smith the other type was fuji or gala I cant remember. Anyways Matt helped me get all the dry ingredients and I just did apples. It took for what seemed like forever and it only made 2 bags! I needed to get it done though because for Thanksgiving I am going to bake a Carmel Apple Pie and it is much easier to have as much done before hand as possible. Also I am making a Rich Heath Bar Cheesecake and I'll just buy a pumpkin pie for Matt. I don't even want to try and make that.

Today I am thankful for football gloves, funny thing to be thankful for, i know. Let me explain every year Matt gets all excited come November for football on Thanksgiving. I think he pretty much buys a new pair of cleats every year and a new pair of gloves. In years passed he hasn't actually bought football gloves he has just bought mechanics gloves or whatever was inexpensive. Well yesterday was the day that Matt got his first pair of really nice football gloves that he CLAIMS he will use more then once a year. We'll see how that goes he just might. But he was SO excited about them yesterday, he even called me to ask which ones he should buy so I could help him compare. I got home and he showed them to me very excitedly, then he got out the football to "test" them out. Thus, I am thankful for football gloves since they make my husband so happy.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Man I need to make the filling. My apples are starting to go soft. Woops...

tracie said...

Man, after your first paragraph, I thought you'd be thankful for the peeling coring slicing things. :)

Kay said...

HEY!!! I brought that soft ankle brace for Matt to wear during the game this year, so he has more support. I left it at Kristin's. Make him wear it. Paaahhleeeese!

Holly said...

Okay...I was with Tracie on this one... :) Although, I have one of those thingys too! I can't wait to use it again. :P
Sad, we will be missing football this year...Eric still has to go to AZ with his U13s. ;)

Jason and Emily Egan said...

Hey I will bring your plate over in the next couple of days, thanks again.

steve said...

Thanksgiving Day mud Bowl. For a guy thing, you gotta love it. Matt, get a blessing this year before you play.