I didn't believe him until about 30 minutes later he comes walking in the house with this thing on his back.
After scaring a few of us Jordan wanted to hold it, I would not touch it at all. Dan then proceeded to tell this story about when he was holding one and it bit him on his finger so he started flailing his arms and smacking the spider against his leg and it wouldn't come off. It came off eventually and he called poison control they said it was just like a bad bee sting and not to worry too much.
Dustin, Lexi, Matt, Braden, and I all found another Tarantula the next day and we caught it, we wanted to see the fangs on these things because we didn't believe Dan and his story.
We put it in a little bug container thing and Dustin poked it with a stick until its "FANGS" came out... YEASH!!! They are HUGE! Not only did the fangs come out but some goopey red stuff came out too...
Gives me the heeebeees just remembering it. We got Nate and Kelly down to look at it and I poked it with a stick and it's fangs went through the stick and held it there until it retracted them....
Kelly was a little squeamish when Matt came running over with something in his hands saying OPEN THE CAGE! OPEN IT!.... He kinda threw it out of his hands and it was a pine cone, Kelly thought it was a spider. Matt is such a geek sometimes. So now we believe Dans story and know that Tarantulas do bite. We ended up with two of them in our little cage, so we put a grasshopper and a cricket in there with them for a little snack if they wanted it, they didn't. We wanted to watch them eat 'em, we left them in there over night to see what they would do but they didn't do anything so I think Braden let them all go. Until next time....
I'll leave you with a nicer picture just so your stomach will stop churning...
9 comments:
Dang, those were pretty gnarly! I can handle one of those at a time, but if I were to see a herd of them, yikes . . .
Oh great my big stong man is afraid of the spiders too. What the heck am I supose to do now, get jason to kill them for me?
Whoa...no spiders for me thank you! They are almost as bad as snakes & mice to me. YUCK!
YUCK!!!! I HATE SPIDERS!!! I will never understand why some people feel the need to pick them um!! EW!!!!!
Holy Cow! That's crazy, it was just hanging on his shirt. Yikes! And then to make it's fangs pop out, NO THANK YOU!
I could totally see Matt doing the pine cone trick, that is kinda funny!
Well, Kristin will be in trouble if we run into a herd of spiders. Leave it to my wife to expect the unexpected.
"A Herd" of spiders? LOL I would have shucked the real thing on you.
THat is both brave and stupid of Jordan. I could never!! But i'm glad you are all safe and it sounds like you had a really great time!
Ya welcome to my world - spiders are everywhere here in TX! But man those tarantulas are crazy! We have wolf spiders, black widows and those brown recluse (sp?) and some tarantula looking ones with white dots on their backs. I HATE them - hence why we hired a bug company to come spray every 2 months! :-)
Post a Comment