Friday, July 6, 2007

Grand Slam Jared!

Jared was the star of the show last night. ( He told me he better make it in the blog again) We were down after the first few innings of our softball game. I know the score was somewhere around 9-12 or something, Jared gets up to bat with one out and the bases loaded and smacked it out of the park! That was our first Grand Slam of the season and it couldn't have been at a better time! Brandon also hit a homer earlier in the game but only his wife Jodi was on base when he hit it. Still good enough to get us back in the game. I believe we ended up winning by 2, which is how much we beat them by last time.

Matt was really shaky the first inning, he said he couldn't get his legs beneath him. I cant decide what is wrong with him he wasn't feeling sick at all, he had eaten, and had been drinking water all day so maybe he was just nervous? Anyways he finally figured it out and played well. I hit EXCELLENTLY for the first time this season, scratch that the first time ever! I think it had to do with the fact that the pitcher on the other team put a back spin on the ball, but who knows. I got on base every time! yeah!

Matt heard the center fielder for the other team after the first 2 innings say,"and this team beat us last time? Did we forfeit?" Matt was determined to show that man that we did beat them and we could beat them again. So we did! Although they were a nice team really, there wasn't any sort of drama between the teams of even in our team, which is GOOD because i don't like drama at all!

Also Matt played his guitar again for an hour or so last night. He has 2 chords down really well and started working on other chords last night. His fingers don't hurt as badly when he pushes down on the High E string anymore which is good because he said that one hurt a lot!
Kristin let me borrow Pride and Prejudice, the book, I am working my way through it. I love that book and want to read the book that Bobbie suggested where the book is written from Mr. Darcy's perspective. I brought my book to work even, Its really slow around these parts.
Well hope everyone has a good weekend!

OHH and on a side note, Jared the same one who hit a grand slam last night, showed me a receipt where he bought 110 boxes of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese for something like $2.62 he had over 117 dollars of savings from Albertson's. Apparently the stuff was on sale already and if you bought 11 items of Kraft they gave you 8 dollars off. We figure each box cost him .02 each. Good deal! I don't think my mom ever found a deal that good huh!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Dang, I need in on that deal. That is one of my staples at the moment. Jason gets tired of eating it before I do. How gross is that.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh....now....once I had a 40 cent coupon for toiletpaper. It was on sale for 75 cents a package, but it was double coupon day. They said they wouldn't give me .05 cents.

Glad you all played well. I love it when I have a good hitting night, I usually feild well, but the hitting sometimes is lacking.

I am excited to hear a song in four weeks. Keep practicing, Matt!

Huntsmans said...

That is by far my favorite book! It took me almost a year to get through it! i know horrible but it is so great!

Holly said...

Glad you guys had a great game! Let me tell you...I got my 'shopping' expertise from your Mom. I can budget down to the penny, AND yes...I have actually been given money back at a store! Of course, they wouldn't let me actually HAVE the $.79 so I bought gum! ;)

Anonymous said...

Here's the kicker.... I got off 5 min after you got offline!!!

Jeremy is the king of coupons, but I'm not sure he likes mac and cheese. Sadly it sounds good right now.

I'm almost done with the last book from Mr. Darcy's view. The middle one was interesting....