Monday, February 10, 2014

Swim time!

Our family has gone through a few rounds of sickness the last 2 weeks, Emma puking, then Matt, then Maylee getting a cold, giving it to Emma and Emma giving it to me. Ty came out unscathed, knock on wood. However today he told me today he was feeling a little sick. Arg. Such is life with littles in January and February. At least it isn't Strep and Pneumonia like last September! Regardless, I am a bit behind in blogging now... and I am hoping we all stay healthy the rest of the winter season.

A few weekends ago (before sickness) we went to Firstenburg Indoor Swimming pool with our friends the Anderson's. The kids love it, it's a super fun swim, we went on a random Friday night and I ran in to quite a few of the old girls I taught Young Women's from our old Stake. They were so cute,  "HI SISTER SPENCE! YOUR KIDS ARE SO CUTE!" Me, "Uhh, in public you can call me Mickie, we're friends on Facebook for Pete's sake...and thank you my kids are cute aren't they."  (how does one graciously receive a compliment on behalf of their children?)

 The girls weren't so sure at first, but got right into it after a few minutes of sitting with Daddy.
 Ty was a little fish of course, going off by himself... so I kept having to swim him down and remind him that even though he has a life vest on he still needed to stay by us. Ty, even though he was too short, went down the water slide you see in the top left of the picture below. He LOVED it until a life guard caught on and told him he had to go with a grown up. Of course, Matt took him then and the two FLEW down that thing. I went with both Maylee and Emma a few times down the slide, Emma would be yelling "WEEEEEE YAHHHH!!" the whole way down. She would splash at the bottom totally happy. While Maylee was inhaling with sharp breaths and yelping the whole way down, but at the bottom she always wanted to go again.
 Dax is jumping to try and get a ball that Aaron and Matt were throwing back and forth while Ann helped Tess off her yellow floaty.
 Emma was (as usual) fearless just walking into the water as deep as she could go. She was jumping off the edge of the pool to Matt or Aaron most of the night too.
I don't know why Maylee was being such a fuddy duddy in the pictures, she had a great time swimming.

Whoops no pictures of me that night... I was having too much fun I guess.

It was a fun night, and Ty is always ready to go back. One of these days we'll go when it isn't winter. It makes it very unpleasant getting back into the car soaking wet in a swim suit when it's freezing outside :)

1 comment:

Will said...

Yeah, I get compliments all the time and it's super awkward. I just say "Thanks, that's a nice thing to say."