Friday, January 24, 2014

A new project

Rubbadubdub three kids in the tub. I think this was the last time Ty wanted to take a bath with his sisters. They don't give him enough room so now he waits until they are done and hops in. Emma and Maylee are good bath buddies though. 


Emma likes to wait for Matt to come home from work for lunch or for the day. She loves to look out the window and she says "hello daddy" the whole time, until Matt walks in the door then she rus up to him yelling "Mom!" Haha 



Two weekends ago we went to Home Depot and bought a bunch of wood for a console table plan that I found on Ana White's website. Matt is such a trooper, when he had Monday off he did most of the putting together. 


He worked on it all day. 



Here it is, still drying a bit and needing some good sanding and wood filler. 


The kids were so happy to be able to finally come outside to see what Dad was doing. Before we wouldn't let them out because kids riding bikes around power tools can't work out well... Matt says that my Dad's test for a project is to sit on it. So everyone sat on it and it held up well.


Matt put on the wood filler and started sanding a few nights ago, his goal is to finish the sanding and staining this weekend. Hopefully it will be in the house soon. I can't wait, I love it when the things I pin on Pinterest actually happen. Matt is the best. 

3 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

Wow awesome job Matt! Can he come build something for me!?

Will said...

That's a good work table.

Michaela said...

Great job Matt! Can't wait to see pictures of it when inside :)