On New Years day we finally sold the punching bag and stand we had in our garage to make room for a treadmill. We were going to buy a new one and were looking everywhere for a good deal. Problem is, Matt needs a pretty high end one since he runs so hard for so long. I posted on FB asking what kind of treadmill we should get and a friend, the kids dentist actually, text me and said we could buy his. He barely ever used it and had a gym membership so there wasn't any point in having it. He sold it to us for a really good deal and it's a pretty darn nice one. We have used it nearly everyday since we bought it! I'm already back up to 2 1/2 miles! It is SO nice to go for a run in the morning while the kids are eating breakfast. Matt likes it at night when it's too dark and cold for a run outside too.
Ever since Christmas, when Ty received superhero action figures from my parents he has been really interested in them. Randomly Batman was on, on Saturday morning. It was about half way through and I remember watching it all the time as a kid, so I let Ty watch it. After about 20 minutes I looked it up and sure enough, it's PG -13. ARG, he watched the last 45 minutes of the movie and I don't think he'll be watching it again until he is much older. I think the version I watched as a kid was taped off TV, because I didn't remember some of those things... It wasn't terrible, but not something a 4 year old should watch... Just like World War Z as christmas time...ha.
Matt invented his new favorite burger. It's ground sirloin, Colby jack cheese, mayo, pickles, lettuce, tomato, jalepenos, spicy sausage queso (hot sausage, cream cheese and rotel) and tortilla chips all put between a toasted bun. He ate 2 of those burgers and was sooo happy about it. I guess that's what I get for asking him what he wants for dinner. Too be honest I welcome his choices, i hate deciding what to make for dinner!
Emma has turned in to quite the little eater, okay she's always been a good eater, but she seriously eats every speck of food we give her. Then she finishes off the table. The evening I took this picture all we had left was veggies, which she ate the rest of. She talks so much now, she is getting really good at saying help, snack and drink. She says Thank you as well. We're still working on please. She says Hello all the time too. It's so nice when children start communicating more so one doesn't have to guess what they want all the time. She is a little climber too. If I'm not careful she makes it to her favorite spot, on top of the table, any second she can.
Last but not least, I have finally decided it is time to put up window coverings. When we put away our Christmas stuff the house seemed so bare! Joann fabric was having a really good sale, so I looked up a Pinterest tutorial on how to do it, I got some input from Suzanne and went shopping. Here is the first one that I finished. I really like them! The following night I had a meeting for church and came home and Matt did the other window too! I have the other 3 done, I just need Matt help hanging them up. Hopefully we'll get the rest up tonight!






No comments:
Post a Comment