So if you haven’t heard, or hadn’t noticed the lack of posts
due to the event… we moved. Only about 4 miles down the road. However, it cuts
down on Matt’s commute time considerably and so far it’s been a fantastic move.
My mom came up and helped us with her little Toyota pick-up. Boy is that thing
a champ and even more my Mom proved once again to be Super Woman. More on the
move later when I have finished pictures of the house put together. We are
still figuring out where things go, we’re close but not done, so I’ll wait on
that.
What I did want to post about was a special visit from some
of our friends, the Smith’s! Lisa ran a Marathon last Saturday in Newport and
they called and asked if they could come out for a day and a half to visit.
Sure thing! The house was a bit unorganized but I don’t think they minded.
We watched some movies, chatted and played with their little
man Dylan. That little guy LOVES to smile, especially at Maylee. We tease that
they have an arranged marriage… although Smith boys like them younger so he
should probably wait for Spence #3 to come along haha.
We also took the chance to hike up the Multnoma Falls trail.
Matt and I hadn’t done it yet, since last time we were ill equipped. We didn’t
know what to expect really but Ryan and Lisa said they were up fir it so we
headed out. I had Maylee in the Baby Bjorn and Ryan had Dylan in our hiking
pack. Ty walked and wow, I was impressed. For a pregnant lady with a baby
strapped to my front that was QUITE the hike! It’s only a mile up and back but
it is straight up with switch backs. I felt the most badly for Lisa… what were
we thinking! She just ran a MARATHON!
Had to make that big... Ty's cheese face cracks me up
The falls were beautiful. We got to the top and found out
that the last little stretch had been taken out by a landslide so we didn’t
make it to the top view but we did get so see some other little falls and relax
for a while near some pooling water in the river. It was REALLY beautiful up
there, the pictures don’t do it justice.
On our way back Lisa discovered it was MUCH harder to walk
down than it was to walk up since her knees and legs kept giving out.
(Seriously, I felt so bad I was about to piggy back her myself…) So she started
walking backwards down the trail to alleviate some of the pain with Ryan’s
help.
We got to the bottom and I think everyone had a bit of a
rough time carrying children and dealing with soreness, but it was all in all a
nice outing.
We were so glad we got to see them since we never really
seem to be in their neck of the woods (Sacramento) and we still hadn’t met
Dylan. We, of course, ate WAY TOO MUCH junk food since Ryan is a sugar-a-holic
but we’re recovering and craving more of those fantastic cookies that he bought
(okay maybe just me) They drove home Sunday night and hopefully Lisa’s legs
have recovered since she has another race this weekend, talk about impressive,
especially since Dylan is only 6 and a half months old.
3 comments:
What a beautiful park and falls! Ya your friend is a trooper!
As someone who has made that drive to Matt's work, 4 miles shorter seems MORE than fantastic since it probably isn't "freeway" miles. Glad to see Ryan and Lisa are doing great too
How is it carrying Maylee in the Bjorn? I've been thinking about getting one, or borrowing one, to use at Disney World for Capri just while we are waiting in lines, or at Epcot. I'm nervous she's just too big though, but she's not TOO much bigger than Maylee right?
Post a Comment